UPDATE: Little Jimmy the crippled baby

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finding it hard to work today, I keep checking back on this.

Paws crossed for the little fluff.

I know I'm supposed to be writing a paper but everytime I'm like "GAH JIMMY I NEED TO KNOW HOW YOU ARE!!!!" I can only imagine if I feel this anxious and antsy, Tabs must be in a world of nervouness no one can fathom but her. I can barely handle it myself. And I think my chin is catching on, she's running around her cage all riled up. She can tell I'm excited and anxious. Whenever I play the video of Jimmy peeping, she freaks out (not in a bad way). She popcorns and runs in circles it's funny.

Sorry everyone for the delay in an update! My mom and sister took me to the ESPN Zone for lunch to watch the 11:30am World Cup game and then we went to my sister's place and I forgot my laptop. They called me around 1pm to tell me that he came out of surgery fine and was doing very well. I just picked him up about an hour ago (traffic was horrible) and he just got fed about 4cc's of his formula. He's not wanting to eat his pellets and hay or drink water on his own but the suture areas look wonderful! I'm so glad he doesn't have exposed bone anymore! He's a bit miffed with me right now and won't peep at me or come to me, but he's slowly getting over it.

I took pictures of his suture areas and I'll post them tomorrow along with his death stare. He was given a pain injection and they sent home pain medication for his chubby butt. He still weighs about 80g so I'm probably going to try to increase his feedings and get him gaining more to keep his strength up. Thank you all for the well wishes! Now I'm just hoping for an uneventful recovery.

YAY TIMMY! Come on, little guy! A week or two, and you'll be good as new! (I say that because babies heal SO fast!)

Fantastic news. I will be sending warm fuzzy thoughts your way. Hope all continues to go well with your tiny little man. I bet he will feel better without the legs there.

Glad that the surgery went well. I left Dr. Greeks office around 3:15. I thought I would have seen you this afternoon.

Thanks everyone! Yeah, Nan...I missed you and my friend Barbie. We were all in there with chinchillas today!

Jimmy peeped at me, so he's already starting to forgive me. He also drank a lot from his water bottle, but still doesn't want anything to do with his hay or pellets. He's taking the formula like a champ though and wiggling like crazy. I let him get around the bed for a bit and he moves sooooo much better than he did before. I'm glad he came out of the surgery as well as he did and everything just looks so clean now.

YAY TIMMY! Come on, little guy! A week or two, and you'll be good as new! (I say that because babies heal SO fast!)

lol did you mean to say timmy???

anywho, im so glad he's doing well!!!! cant wait for those pics.

Oh, I'm SOOO happy!!! :hearts:

He'll feel right at home with Little Two Paws -- we have playtime on my bed!!!

Last edited:
Back