rescues

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am putting this here because in 'classifies' one is not suppose to 'discuss' things. Recently I have had several calls/emails from people who want to give up their chin(s) for various reasons. One of the people is more than an hour away from me and he won't deliver the poor chin. He is threatening to just let the chin go in the woods. I told him first that is against the law and I would try my best to get the chin. So far all the rescues have been all females. I see that Mishkau posted an Craiglist's ad about another poor chin (male) that doesn't even have a cage. I'm sorry I can't take that chin - I am/will be up to my neck with rescues now. It is so upsetting to have this happen to these poor chins. If anyone is interested in any of these females please let me know - email me for an interview [email protected]

Doing rescue work can be extremely frustrating. I have gotten numerous emails from people looking to surrender and then when I press them for a time/place to meet up they never respond back. Can you meet in the middle maybe with the man who is a distance away? (this is what I do for long distance surrenders)

barb--i saw that post to, but jersey city is a bit far for me. i would love to rehab him, give him a cage and then let a member here adopt him. so if you can get him i will gladly come to you.
as for your lovely females.......none in my house! but i will gladly serve as a railroad if anyone within an hour or so is looking to adopt.

Unfortunately jersey city's far for me too otherwise I'd pick that boy up. What was the link to this ad? As for girls, none here either :( Let me know if you need help with male rescues though Barb or Michelle.

Doing rescue work can be extremely frustrating. I have gotten numerous emails from people looking to surrender and then when I press them for a time/place to meet up they never respond back. Can you meet in the middle maybe with the man who is a distance away? (this is what I do for long distance surrenders)

I do the same. If it is within my means though, I will drive the whole way to get the chin. The farthest I have driven to get a surrender was about 3 hours. I will only do that if there is a dire need though.

I am emailing with the guy who wants to 'free his chin in the woods' I am hopeing my brother-in-law who lives in that area can pick the chin up until I can get her. I beginning to think he really wants to let the chin go in the woods from the things he is saying. Hopefully I can get the chin REAL SOON

I am emailing with the guy who wants to 'free his chin in the woods' I am hopeing my brother-in-law who lives in that area can pick the chin up until I can get her. I beginning to think he really wants to let the chin go in the woods from the things he is saying. Hopefully I can get the chin REAL SOON

OMG! I wish you the best of luck, I hope he doesn't do something like that! If he claims to have 'found a home' for her, I suggest you call the animal welfare group in his area and make them arrest him, tell them he released it into the woods.
I saw a video online of a chinchilla who was found in a park in Cali, just scared and making very sad noises, sitting in the same spot, frightened...it had a ton of fur slips, and the guy who taped the chinchilla brought it home, but it died over night :(
I can't believe what some people would do to helpless animals. Obviously they're all despicable, but people who would let prey animals who were pets out in the wild are, IMO, worse than people who let cats or dogs go...at least they can defend themselves...but either way, BOTH groups of people should be left alone, in the WILDERNESS, where a bear can eat them, with NO SUPPLIES. DUMP THEM LIKE THEY DUMPED THEIR ANIMALS. :nod: (minus the smile)

I would be happy to help as a railroad as well for anyone adopting out or looking to adopt. I just took in two adorable girls from Barb so except for short periods of time two cages is max for my chin room.

My fiancée, Jim, works in Jamaica, NY on Fridays so he passes right through Jersey City. I can probably get him to get the guy from Jersey City if someone wants to then get him from us in Bensalem, PA. He would at least be well cared for and have AC and we could meet up the following day to his adoptee.

PM if you can take the $20 little guy in Jersey City and I will make arrangements to have him picked up Friday evening and brought here. With luck we can meet up on Saturday for me to give him to you. I have a temporary cage that I can hold him in at least over night that he will be happier in then a carrier.

i can "temporarily" take him. i will pay the 20 bucks. and who ever wants him can just pay me back or whatever. its 20 bucks. i dont care. just get him and i will come get him this weekend. i have plenty of cages, food, supplies, etc.....

if anyone here wants him, let me know. i can hold him for any amount of time. i live in 08619 zip code.

i can "temporarily" take him. i will pay the 20 bucks. and who ever wants him can just pay me back or whatever. its 20 bucks. i dont care. just get him and i will come get him this weekend. i have plenty of cages, food, supplies, etc.....

if anyone here wants him, let me know. i can hold him for any amount of time. i live in 08619 zip code.

I'd be interested after I get a car that I can drive a longer distance in--it might take a while, but I don't want to borrow my mom's car to drive out of state, you know?
If you take him in I will reimburse you when I get him, eventually, for the original cost and for food and stuff. :)
You can also see if anyone else closer to you would like to take him in, but if you take him in temporarily for...a month maybe, I could definitely take him after that.

that is fine with me, i would have him in quarantine that long anyway. would like to look him over and make sure he is okay. fatten him up and then he is all yours or whoever wants him. and its not that i dont "want" him, i just dont really have the room for another chin permanently. he will be well taken care of & loved while he is here.
i have plenty of food & stuff, so dont worry about it.

Just an update for those reading this thread, Michelle #1 (mishkavi) is having her husband drop off the chinchilla from Jersey City, who is currently living in a travel cage, to Michelle #2 (mishellyshel), who will foster him, help him gain weight, and make sure he is healthy until -at this point, unless someone in the area also becomes interested- I adopt him from Michelle number 2 :D
They are THE WOMEN Haha!!
:hearts:

GOOD - one chin rescued - still trying to get the chin from the nutty guy. If anyone is interested in any of these females let me know - I have 3 so far. If I get this other chin from this nutty guy - it will be 4 rescue females up for adoption. I will try to bond at least 2 of these chins (see what happens)

Wow! I love it here. You guys are awesome when it comes to helping out a chinnie in need. I love reading these threads and it's always great when there's a happy ending. I hope all the chinnies involved find their forever homes.You guys are all amazing, you should be very proud of yourselves.

Back