Injured Kit, Swollen Head

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say well done for getting the little one this far, Erin - shows what a determined teeny (not so) furry & some determined human TLC can accomplish. :thumbsup:
I hope she continues to improve for you.

Does she have a slight head tilt or is it just the way she is positioned in those photos?

Sorry, I just now saw your post. I'm pretty sure it's just the way she's positioned.

OMIGOSH! (if that is a word) Those pics are great!

I think she needs a fighter name....Laila

Like Laila Ali, Daughter of the best fighter ever...

Last edited:
Oh my gosh the smooch picture is the most endearing photo I've seen in a long time. All my chins love to smooch. Such a warm fuzzy isn't it? Great photo.

Erin how is her sight?

Last edited:
How is her toe doing? I noticed while back that it was swollen, and even with all the antibiotics and such it still looks to be swollen.

She is looking absolutely fantastic though.

I too have been following this story day by day and WOW - I just noticed you're only 16. You're doing such an amazing job caring for this special needs little one. I cant wait to see all of the pictures as she grows up.

She is really looking good, Erin. I hope she continues to thrive.
On a side note- your eyelashes are to die for, LOL. :thumbsup:

LOL until you need to wear sunglasses :neener:

Thank you guys :) I love the names Laila Ali and Miracle, maybe all three XD

Crysta, the toe is something we're looking at, but it actually seems to be going down now. The vet said not to worry about it unless I see no improvement.

Here eye sight seems to be there, though one eye still looks iffy. She is very smart and I would have a hard time believing she can't see at all. The abscess is completely clean and is trying very hard to heal, so I am going to take her to the vet later and see if it's okay to let it heal.

Erin, what can I say that has not been said!

What the heck at the risk of repeating everyones encourragement. BRAVO!!

I agree with 6Dusters, that smoochy photos is uplifting.

Thank you everybody.
I need some advice, I haven't been to the vet since the follow up, and she was pretty confident in the little girl.

Well, today I felt a lump directly behind her leg, it was very large, like if you cut off the top of your thumb large. Well, I pricked it with a needle and omg pus started coming out like crazy. I'm pretty sure it's completely clean now. My mother gave me something that was like a syringe with a needle and I filled it with saline and put it in the area where the pus was and then drained it out again. Is there anything else I should do? Are antibiotics needed again?

Sounds like an abscess. Since you can never flush all of the bacteria out, I would recommend another course of antibiotics, but I of course bow to the superior chin minds here.

I have been following this thread and not putting in my two cents worth,,, but now I do want you to know that I am sending possitive thoughts to this sweet little girl.

Latest posts

Back