Injured Kit, Swollen Head

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow what an amazing little chin-they can be so tough! Keep posting updates, I check this thread every day lol always makes me feel better to know she is still alive :)

Hey guys! She is doing great. Eyes are healed almost though I do not know the state of her vision. Sure acts like she has sight, but I don't know for sure. Her weight is 126 and the other female is at 130 so she caught up. They are both gaining 4-6 grams daily. The abscess is almost clean. Getting better everyday! Thanks guys for caring so much. I have been very busy lately. Sorry if there are some typos, I'm on my phone.

Poor baby, what a way to start your life. Keep fighting you precious little thing! :kiss:

I have to say well done for getting the little one this far, Erin - shows what a determined teeny (not so) furry & some determined human TLC can accomplish. :thumbsup:
I hope she continues to improve for you.

Does she have a slight head tilt or is it just the way she is positioned in those photos?

Erin, well done so far keeping this chin thriving. You are doing a good job listening to the vet and the experienced members of our community who are giving you options and advice.

Everyone likes a feel good story, and i can see this turning into one.

I, like so many others on here, follow this thread diligently and I am amazed at how she is thriving! This is all due to your love and caring for this little baby! She is lucky to have you!

Guys, you don't know how much it means to me that you all seem to care so much about this little girl. Today, for some reason, she has shown more improvement then i've seen in a while. It's not a visual thing, but being around her I know what to expect and she just seemed so lively today. I am really confident in her and it makes me happy. I actually feel like I can start giving her a name and not feel let down later..I don't know..im just ecstatic right now!

Miracle is a cute name!
I took some new pictures, with me in them :p Sorry I just woke up when I took them. Also sorry for my dirty nails 0.o

Attachments

• 100_9941.jpg
    100_9941.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_9933.jpg
    100_9933.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_9935.jpg
    100_9935.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_9940.jpg
    100_9940.jpg