Marble Shelves

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ottomatk

So I've started to hear about owners using a marble shelve in their cage to help keep their chinchillas cool. I think this is really cool and would look great and clean in my cage. Does anyone know how to make it? I'm not sure how i would screw through it to holster it in the cage like my other wood shelves. Thanks!!

I put granite "chiller" slabs right on the floor of the cage. I'd be careful of trying to hang something too heavy as it could be stressful on the cage bars.

I tile my wood shelves so the shelves are attached the normal way. Use liquid nail to glue the tile then grout the cracks, had them for 12 years with no problems and easy clean up. Sanitary too.

I used industrial strength velcro to hold some large tiles down on my wooden shelves, and had them in my cage for about 2 years with no problems. I like the glue idea better.

I have a long marble slab that I put right on the floor of the cage. My husband was able to get a piece from his renovations job.

Back