Arlington TX SPCA bust - General Discussions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Dr Brown just now:

YEAH.....the second judge upheld the first judge's decision and the animals will be turned over from Arlington to the SPCA probably Monday or maybe Tuesday. The word came through by phone and the written documents will arrive probably on Monday to Arlington. I do not know how SPCA is going to orchestrate the movement of the animals but I wanted to let you two know that the case is now done as far as we know there is nothing more Mr. Shaw can do at this point. He best get all his money put away because hopefully there will be criminal charges in the near future if the city feels that they have a sufficiently strong case which they are looking at now.

:clap:

From Dr Brown just now:

YEAH.....the second judge upheld the first judge's decision and the animals will be turned over from Arlington to the SPCA probably Monday or maybe Tuesday.

:dance2: <- My Happy Dance!!!

I have been meaning to get their spot set up for the pair I am getting and I am Queen of procrastination. So I guess since they are just about on their way its time to stop making excuses.

Yay for all the animals, not just the chins. Yay for the hedgies and herps and everything else in between!

Now if only we could just get everyone to buy their pets in a responsible way and not from people out to make money off of them. Hopefully this is a wake up call to the pet industry.

Oh Boy! Now I'm excited. I just got my FN put together and will do some decorating today. I can't wait to meet my fosters! :dance3:

Just sitting and waiting for the time to come. I'm gonna have my hands full! Oh well, time for hubby to help clean cages. :p

I had hoped by the end of the day on Sunday, but there is a question on moving them north from Fredericksburg.

Let's shoot for Sunday - the earlier the better - I'll be ready and waiting. I can drive back in the dark, just hoping not middle of the night. Need to touch base with Michelle in NJ and see if she'd be okay meeting me and what times we're talking about...

Let's shoot for Sunday - the earlier the better - I'll be ready and waiting. I can drive back in the dark, just hoping not middle of the night. Need to touch base with Michelle in NJ and see if she'd be okay meeting me and what times we're talking about...

Okay :D I can be down in Fredericksburg early on Sunday and I will wait for a call from Sonia when the chins arrive, I can head right over to her place and pick them up as soon as they arrive and then on to MD!

I'll check with Tiffany and see how early she can meet me on Sunday in Durham. I would like all the chins except for Gloria's in Pensacola to be 'home' by Sunday night. I'll be leaving Nashville early Saturday afternoon but I'll need to stop and sleep somewhere along the way.

Rick, what is your plan for the Jacksonville area? Are you driving down from NC, coming through us, and then going back towards New Oreleans and driving through Pensacola for Gloria? Just trying to get an idea for when you might be here. I know it isn't set in stone yet. Sunday I work from 3pm-11pm, but am off Friday and Saturday.

Any time will work for me on Sunday morning, even if it's before sun comes up. I just need to know an hour ahead of time, that's it :) From Durham, it'll take me about 2 hrs to make it to Petersburg for the drop off, if that helps anyone out.

Last edited:
Sunday February 7th works wonderful for me. anytime, but preferably as early as possible. from NJ i am about 2 hours from the point i am meeting jill in DE. i am also available saturday later in the day if things work out differently.
yay! i am going to have my fiance' start making me some shelves!!! and now i have an excuse to buy more fleece!

Crysta- I had planned on making it there from Durham (with stops in Fayetteville and Savannah) by early evening on Sunday. I can meet late that night or early Monday morning.

Everybody: A couple things to remember. Nothing is concrete. The SPCA doesn't have possession yet and I have no idea when they will want me there.

If I get the chins Friday or before, these plans are good if weather permits. Can't believe I'll miss watching the Saints first Superbowl. It's kind of a special deal down here.

Back