Arlington TX SPCA bust - General Discussions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Lixit (water bottles) company is donating more than enough water bottles for use in case of my having to keep the chins a week or 2. They are small plastic ones that were printed with a company's logo that went out of business and never shipped.

Oxbow is donating a bale of 50 lb hay, including shipping.

Both are being sent today.

It's a go:

From Courtney Stevens, TX SPCA:

"All of the animals that were seized from US Global Exotics on December 15, 2009 have finally been awarded. At this time, I am wanting to arrange transport of the animals that have been placed with your agency.

If you are coming directly to the SPCA of Texas located at 2400 Lone Star Dr, Dallas, TX 75212 to pick up the animals being placed with your agency please let me know what date and time you are hoping to arrive. Again, we can not just continue to hold the animals so a rapid response is needed" [end]

I have requested a 10AM Wednesday pick-up. All the chins (except the TX ones)will come to NOLA till Friday when we will decide what to do. I am hoping the transport will happen this weekend.

At this time I am gratefully prepared to accept donations via Paypal to [email protected] to help cover gas. A total of $400-500 will be needed. Even $5 or $10 will help.

Thank you.

Happy Trails Rick! Anxiously awaiting arrival in VA! And hoping for no MORE snow! :cry3:

Got my cage 99% complete. All it needs is a chinnie =) safe travels to you and the fuzz butts!

Will there be images when you get back? Yeh I know I'm asking for a lot. But I'm still wanting to know if those champagne chins are beige :). (I think it was champagne anyway).

Safe journey and hopefully all of the reports after this will be wonderful homecomings!

the way the weather is looking there is suppose to be a big snow storm coming up the coast Friday and Saturday. Looks like the chins might be staying at someone's home for a day or 2 before getting to NJ

All arrangements have been made with the exception of a meeting place or
two. Emails have been sent to everyone in the last couple hours.

If you have any questions, now is the time. We will be loading the van
shortly and getting underway for Memphis.

More on transition feed shortly.

I just squealed with delight finding out what I am getting. I am glad to help out a trio stay to together.

I am with you! I checked my email at work and when I found out what I was getting, I ran out of my office into the stockroom (I am a store manager) and ran around screaming. So it is offical, all of my sales associates now KNOW their boss is crazy!

Several experienced people in my community have been asking me for information about the hedgie, small rodent, and reptile adoptions. They would like me to give them info about adoptions, fostering, and donations. Does anyone have contacts for some of the other species?

Back