What do you use for bedding?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you use for bedding?

• Shavings

Votes: 74 50.3%
  • Carefresh

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Fleece Liners (with litter pans)

Votes: 25 17.0%
  • Fleece Liners (without litter pans)

Votes: 16 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 18 12.2%

• Total voters
I use Carefresh Ultra for Phoenix and the bRats, etc. ..but fleece liners for the Cavies cuz it's easier. I may switch to all fleece liners eventually, though ..just cuz it's getting pretty expensive to get the Carefresh Ultra for a reasonable price ..anywhere!

I just started fleece liners, and Izzie loves them way more than the aspen. She just loves fleece in general though, I think. She wouldn't touch her wooden hidey house until I added a fleece bottom to it, and now it's her favourite sleeping spot...

I use pine shavings....lots and lots of pine shavings LOL

Looks like I'm the only one using Eco Straw from Oxbow. I just love that thing!

I used to get pine shaving though, or aspen, but since I can get Eco Straw via my store, I use that.

I would never use Yesterday News. As Carol Ann said, it's not a 'rumor'. Many of my friends, when I told them to empty their bag on the floor found pieces of metal, plastic stuff or staples. Imagine if a chin steps of these staples or metal pieces......

I will normally use Pine shavings. I tried aspen once but I really didn't like the smell! So now I always use Pine

Me too! I use kiln dried pine and always will if possible (ofcourse for animal or human health i'd switch). Everybody does good with it.

I tried the fleece liners. It was great in my pair cages but didn't work so well in my colonies so bad to pine shavings it was.

I use fleece liners without litter pans and change every 2 or 3 days. I'm thinking about trying to litter pans again, the first time it didn't go so well because my chins found them to be a new toy.

I love my fleece liners, mine are basically fleece pillowcases where I can put the pan in, and on the inside I use puppy training pads to absorb the urine (works great, and cleaning is sooo easy)

^OMG. Shiloh cage has a slide on (pillowcase) fleece liner too. I think I might give the puppy pad thing a try. You're so smart. High five for you

I use the shavings I really want to try fleece liners but I hae to wait til i have some money. Seems like it wouldn't be hard to clean my boys throw their bedding so my floors are always a mess..AHH the joys of being a chinnie-mom LOL

I've always used Carefresh. It may be more expensive than other options, but it has always worked well for me.

I use kiln dried pine, although I have a couple of rescues that it makes them sneeze and have watery eyes so they get Carefresh and have no problems with that.

In regards to yesterdays news - the rumors are true and I always search the bedding well when replacing the litter and almost always pull something out of it - usually pieces of plastic. I use it though because it obsorbs so well that I don't have to clean the cages very often.

Aspen shavings. But I am moving toward fleece liners (as soon as I get my lazy behind moving). Not sure if I will try litter pans or not.

Back