UPDATE: Little Jimmy the crippled baby

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a short update. Jimmy is now in the chin room and unfortunately dropped weight. I'm not sure if he's more active in there or if he's depressed because he doesn't see me all day. Hopefully he starts gaining again, soon.

He's learned to come to me when called. He gets indecisive and it takes a few tries but he'll run over to me. I swear he knows when the camera is there. If the camera is not there he'll cry and peep at me when I'm calling him until he realizes I won't pick him up, then he comes running over.

Sleeping in his special fleece bag
IMG_2162.jpg

sleeping on me...
IMG_2227.jpg

"What???"
IMG_2230.jpg

"Pick me up!!! I need love!!"
IMG_2238.jpg

i....absolutely...love him!

his wittle face! he's growing up fast though. and somehow i imagine him with a very bossy voice lol

SORRY, I don't know how to multi-quote!!!

YES, I hear you!!! I'll have to practice my photo uploading skills... :thumbsup:

Hahaha I don't know how to multi-quote either, it's ok!! Just make Tab come over and show you the ropes haha!! She'll probably do it just to prolong the separation from Jimmy boy!!

I feel like this thread should have a higher view count. I'm pretty sure I'VE viewed it at least 7,000 times alone.

We take naps together on the weekends. :hearts: He loves to cuddle and be with people, Lynn! I don't know it that will change once he has a cagemate, but so far he just wants to be with people. He even likes Tyson and no chin likes Tyson, lol!

Videos of Jimmy "coming" when called, lol.

I had a rotten day today at work and seeing those new pics and videos of sweet little Jimmy has brought a much needed smile to my face :D Thanks for keeping us updated!

Jimmy is so adorable! Can you train my chin for me? Lol i'm joking- He's full on cat-mode these days so stubborn! I love jimmy's lil run to get down the ramp to you, priceless, I could just watch everything on your photobucket site! All those lil jimmy pics!

He is just so precious. You have done a wonderful job with Jimmy. I really didn't keep up with his progress at first because I didn't want to read anything bad. But after watching these videos, the progress he has made is unbelievable. He is very lucky to have someone to love and care for him and give him another chance at life. Hope the weight loss is nothing serious. Keep us updated.

I think you should stop posting updates on Jimmy and pics of him because quite honestly it just makes me feel like slugging Lynn because I am so jealous of her!

Lynn you might want to bring boxing gloves with you to Wisconsin! LOL!

Laurie, I'm a lover, not a fighter!!!

As I said, come to the ECBC National Meeting in Fort Collins, CO November 5-7 and you can see and snuggle Little Jimmy for yourself...c'mon, you know you want to!!!:thumbsup:

As I said, come to the ECBC National Meeting in Fort Collins, CO November 5-7 and you can see and snuggle Little Jimmy for yourself...c'mon, you know you want to!!!:thumbsup:

Guess I'm going to Colorado in November...Let's see, what's a round-trip flight from NY to CO cost these days? Hmm...

his wittle face! he's growing up fast though. and somehow i imagine him with a very bossy voice lol
Stewie from family guy! "You, woman! Yes, come over here and change my diaper [or bandages in Jimmy's case]!" :rofl:

Seriously though I might just explode into rainbows if I watch one of these videos another time...
You should send some Jimmy stuff in to CuteOverload, Tab! I bet he'd make it ;)

Last edited:

That is so tempting! I want to head to CO now.

Back