Thinking of Breeding Rescue with Unique Fur

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A local craigslist had a mosaic listed. Stated it was very rare! Cute post you have here.........I had to do a double take.

Thanks everyone, I think she's pretty special. Sug, I'm sure Stumpy would be a perfect match for her. Do you have any photos?

I do not have any pictures of his little stump, but I do have a beautiful butt shot of him enjoying a hammie for the very first time:

StumpysfirstHammie.jpg

I believe he also has a very good stern look that will come in handy as the happy couple try to keep their popcorning kits in line:
Stumpy.jpg

One thing, though, meanie--be sure not to separate them. Otherwise, she won't be able to get pregnant immediately after giving birth. They would be heartbroken apart.

I believe I would pay one million dollars for an eyelash chenille. Now if someone could make me a red chin I'd be super happy!

Awww, lookit lil miss Sophie! Shame on you meanie... for not exploiting your chin like that earlier! I would charge just to be able to see such a rare sight. I wouldn't mind a couple of eyelash chenilles myself. I'd also like a waffle. :bliss:

Mosaics are totally rare. *wink wink*. I don't think i've ever seen another chin with white and grey before. Essentia definitely has something with this chin, she should make as many babies as possible. Especially if the eyelash chennile is under 400g, I could breed her with my 950g male to make nice big babies. He he he he. I'm being sarcastic now too, incase anyone happens to take anything in this thread seriously. Sometimes it takes a thread like this to lighten the mood around here. I myself took it seriously until I took a second look and only then did I appreciate the humor. Ahhhh... Don't we all feel better after a good laugh? - Jessica

LOL :laughitup: Way to throw people off their guard! This was a clever post!

I think you got a winner there with your Eyelash Chenille plans. After all, the vet DID say her teeth were healthy! LMAO and with a free waffle maker - you can't lose!

Waffles?.....Did somebody say WAFFLES?

I'm all over that!:hilarious:

Lol- Laurie wants the red color like on guineau pigs, not blood red!!! Hehe

Hmm I'm going to make a generic chin like this, bred to chew his own fur like that, and you can put him in the cage with any chin without quarantine and your chin can look like that in minutes!

Good news on the eyelash chenile front. I've found the perfect mate for Sophie right in my own chin room. Sparky of Stasis Saga fame is going to be the baby daddy. I think they'll make purty babies.

Sparky
IMG_1970-S.jpg

IMG_1975-S.jpg

Sophie
DSCN0211-S.jpg

If the babies don't inherit GI stasis I don't want them. Can you guarantee they will have all the same health issues?? If not...I can't spend my extra cash on them... :D

Back