the new family!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
currently we now have 19 chins..WE ARE AT OUR MAX and will not be getting anymore anytime soon lol

sat we purchased 8 chins i will have pics up tonight of everyone ;)

we bought:

white ebony male
baby white ebony male
extra dark ebony male
dark ebony male
baby black velvet female
baby tan male
tan female
baby standard female
---------------------------

also we found out that one which was suppose to be a boy was a girl :) i purchased a beige a while back from a breeder and she told me it was a boy i trusted her word so i NEVER looked. well lord and behold..it was a girl lmao..and also we found out what we thought was a standard was actually a light ebony female :)!! ill post pics up tonight of the new ones along with the current herd some are pets some are for breeding hope yall will enjoy !

Oh man! I hate that. I've had that happen so many times with rescues especially...then a couple months later I end up with bouncing baby chins, which are in fact MORE RESCUES. :D

You seriously bought 8 chins in one day? That sounds exhausting to me...well, if you were buying breeding chins, it's exhausting. So much to look over. But, you probably didn't buy them on impulse and planned that out over a long time...duh, sorry. Yes, we need pictures!!!

Congratulations, I guess, but then I know you. You have a breeder that can't sex a chin? Is that Delta?

Congratulations, I guess, but then I know you. You have a breeder that can't sex a chin? Is that Delta?

she lived in delta, she had told me it was a male so i believed her..i never looked i figured i didnt need to but i found out when we went to get him looked over to see his quality that it was a she.i was like OH MY....

HERE ARE THE LONG AWAITED PICS!! LOL

these are the new kids :) we are very well pleased with them..
377563579.jpg

this is cookie our white ebony male

377563580.jpg

this is teg, our xdark ebony male

377563577.jpg

this is coconut our little standard female :) !! she reminds me so much of my little kiwi that i lost

377563477.jpg
this is my black velvet female..i think im going to call her tinkerbell but im undecided on that one

377563451.jpg

this is my tan female....shes pretty big lol havent picked a name for her either

377563425.jpg

this is my dark ebony male i think im going to name him coco not sure yet either lol

377563522.jpg

this is orea, my white ebony male baby

377563504.jpg

this is nugget my tan male

That's a lot of chins to get at one time and they all look like babies... if their breeder doesn't know how to tell male from female, I wouldn't doubt that they probably aren't quality chins. You aren't breeding your chins, are you?

There is a City Named Delta??? I thought you got them from Delta pet store, a few months ago. Weren't they sick from there too?? Or am I confusing those chins with the Family that you got from the other pet store in Slidell a month after that?? I know one of those stores sold you sick chins that passed, right?? Sorry, RIP Chinnie babies!! I hate when Mom & Pop stores sell chins... 19 chins is a lot, it takes me 6 hours to clean cages & have playtime for 14!! Not to mention thats about how much just for the annual check up at the Vet? $600 or so right?? Or have you not been with them all yet?? Looking forward to pix!!

ok everyone on here is getting realllllly confused....the one that was sexed wrong came from a breeder in delta , la....... lol ALL of these chinchillas we just purchased came from a breeder who shows chinchillas...not the same lady, a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT person..lol we brought a good bit of our chins up there when we went to purchase these so she could evaluate them..when she was evaluating my beige she said it was a female and i was like wth..lol

the family that i lost 2 from...i bought those from petsplus in slidell.. the 2 we bought from delta are still here..come to find out we thought they were bother standards but one is a light ebony..

I'm still a little confused because on another forum, you said you didn't have room for any more chins, yet you bought a mosaic male the other day, saying he is a rescue because you couldn't bear to leave him at his previous home in that dirty cage. But if you didn't have room for him, how do you have room for these 8 more? And since you are breeding, are you going to have room to separate the upcoming kits once they are weaned and to keep males and females separated? And are you able to keep all the new youngsters apart that you picked up today... because they look like 3-4 month olds... but they are already capable of breeding. I am just concerned for their wellbeing...

Last edited:
I just wanted to point out that the hammock and hay rack are potential dangers for the chins. Ive heard of legs getting caught in both of them. Fleece hammocks with no strings are preferred and hay racks that are square and wooden are popular around here. Or you can use terracotta flower pots to hold the hay.

o thanks i didnt realize that :) ill fix that problem :)

I just wanted to point out that the hammock and hay rack are potential dangers for the chins. Ive heard of legs getting caught in both of them. Fleece hammocks with no strings are preferred and hay racks that are square and wooden are popular around here. Or you can use terracotta flower pots to hold the hay.

I'm still a little confused because on another forum, you said you didn't have room for any more chins, yet you bought a mosaic male the other day, saying he is a rescue because you couldn't bear to leave him at his previous home in that dirty cage. But if you didn't have room for him, how do you have room for these 8 more? And since you are breeding, are you going to have room to separate the upcoming kits once they are weaned and to keep males and females separated? And are you able to keep all the new youngsters apart that you picked up today... because they look like 3-4 month olds... but they are already capable of breeding. I am just concerned for their wellbeing...

on another forum , if you had read it correctly, i stated after these chinchillas i wouldnt have room for anymore......talking about the ones we just got sat....the mosiac male was a rescue situation he will not be used for breeding he is strictly a pet..and yes i have room for babies...thats the whole reason we are NOT getting anymore chinchillas...becuase if we did we would have no room for breeding...and the babies are only 2 months old...

on another forum , if you had read it correctly, i stated after these chinchillas i wouldnt have room for anymore......talking about the ones we just got sat....the mosiac male was a rescue situation he will not be used for breeding he is strictly a pet..and yes i have room for babies...thats the whole reason we are NOT getting anymore chinchillas...becuase if we did we would have no room for breeding...and the babies are only 2 months old...

I did read it correctly. Your direct quote when you got the mosaic male was:

we honestly DID NOT have the room for him..but im sure its apparent that you all can see why we got him anyways

Then you went and got 8 more chins today...

I just don't get it.

I did read it correctly. Your direct quote when you got the mosaic male was:

Then you went and got 8 more chins today...

I just don't get it.

its not a big deal, he is in a good home now thats all that matters to me i hope everyone likes the pics . that was the entire purpose of this thread .. thanks :)

Back