Tazzy passed away(the dad)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I buried him now. I dont think the vets around here know or care about chins. They did take blood or fluids and some of his stomach for tests. Says will take 2 to 3 weeks to get results back.
On his nose was only one day. I thought maybe he cried from jazzy next morn i woke up and it was cleared up.

I buried him now. I dont think the vets around here know or care about chins. They did take blood or fluids and some of his stomach for tests. Says will take 2 to 3 weeks to get results back.
On his nose was only one day. I thought maybe he cried from jazzy next morn i woke up and it was cleared up.

Chinchillas don't "cry" like people do. They make noises, like barking, if they're upset, but being upset will not cause tears or anything crusty in the nose.

I would still start searching for a chin competent vet in your area in case you need to take the other two in. I would not take them to that same vet.

They told me 2 to 3 days to wait on results. Yes my 14 yr old daughter has been on here too. While I was at vet and burying him. I am back. my pw and stuff saved on pc Im sorry if she confused yall.

This vet i took all kittens in to "save them" I dont think shes ever dealt with chinchillas. But says she knows and can help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say that if it was a uri that could be why the 'crying' noise. They can make sounds from the congestion that can very likely be interpreted that way. My female kind of sounded like she was peeping or moaning when she got sick.

Friskue I'm not trying to be rude or offensive but why is it that all of a sudden your replies make no sense and are very difficult to read.. I went back and looked at your old post about the 1 day old kit and it was night and day... Alot of the post on this thread I can't understand what your trying to say but yet on another thread you spoke clearly. Do you have two different people using your name ??? I'm just confused and wondering that's all. So sorry to hear about your baby !

I understood every word he said lol. Then again.. ppl have made this comment about some of my posts lol

Frisque - Only ONE person can use an account on this forum. Multiple users are not allowed. Please do not let your daughter post on your behalf. Half of the stuff being posted isn't understandable anyway (which I assume would be some of the comments I deleted the other night), so it would be better just to wait for updates from you. Thanks.

Also, please use the edit button when you want to post several posts at once. You have 10 minutes in which to add to or change a post. It's very confusing to have to read a single sentence in a new post every minute.

Ok Tunes Thanks for the info. I told daughter to not post anymore so hopefully the confusion and info will be more clearer. I told her to [post and told her what to say she must have put things in her own words or somethng lol.

If your vet says she's never dealt with chinchillas, I very highly recommend you search for a chin competent vet in your area right away. If your other chins get sick, you don't want to be scrambling at the last second to try to find them a good vet. It's best to do this beforehand. I would not take your chins to the vet that did the necropsy.

Why would a vet only take stomach contents and maybe some blood? And the vet told you to take the stomach out yourself? This whole story just does not sound right, the organs and body fluids needed to be inspected at the least but I just have to wonder about this. There is something missing here or not being told.

I agree with ticklechin. This is very confusing. I have never heard of a vet (exotic vet or otherwise) ever tell a client to take the stomach contents out themselves. And any vet knows a proper neocropsy involves more than looking at the stomach contents and blood.

Did you ever find out the results of the necropsy? How are your other chins? Haven't heard any news from you in a while, and I'm incredibly curious!

Since the stomach contents and blood were sent to a lab, you will recieve written results so post a copy of it rather than adlib it.

Sorry haven't been here a few days/ well a over a week...been sick and could not figure out my pw. I do know what killed tazzy. Kids ran sweeper and set it beside the cage. Well I went to run it a few days later the cord was chewed and it was plugged in. So sighs....... I did not see this til i went to run sweeper a few days later(the cord) and then put 2 and 2 together.
The baby and mom are well. Now when do i need to seperate them?

The vet who did the necropsy should have not missed the fact that the chin was electrocuted, its pretty obvious in the face. Or was it you who cut out the stomach and sent it to the lab.

No I didnt. She said they found nothing wrong with him. sighs. Altho this vet helps me with my cats/kittens I rescue and gives me a pretty good discount. I do need to search for a vet for the chins tho. How do you find a good vet for the chins?

You don't need to be a chinchilla vet to diagnose electrical burns on the face. Your story does not add up, this chin never made it to a vet, the guts were never sent to a lab and it was a DIY diagnosis by the owner, that is my take on this thread.

How do you find a good vet for the chins?

You ask questions, tons of them, before taking your chin to see them. Or ask members on the forum who they take their chins to. Both of my vets have come from other members on the forum.

You don't need to be a chinchilla vet to diagnose electrical burns on the face. Your story does not add up, this chin never made it to a vet, the guts were never sent to a lab and it was a DIY diagnosis by the owner, that is my take on this thread.

is it possible that her chin didn't die from electrocution but from possibly ingesting the cord bits? I agree that electrocution should be obvious to anyone and any vet, exotic or not, but maybe it was death due to ingestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back