So Very disturbing...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay.. I just realized that it is the whole body we are talking about here. I was picturing just a pelt.. LOL Ya know.. I bet Frank is one nice clean chin and doesn't fling poo everywhere or dig to china in his bedding. :rofl:

Hmm pooping thats a toughy.... Maybe she uses poop from some one elses chin or...

"Frank, how come all the poo here is mine? Do you get all of it out side the cage? Man that takes commitnent Frank. Every single one? Thats just crazy! Now answer me this Frank, is it just the trajectory or do you have to thrown it? Come on frank, it'll be out little secret... Fine don't tell me... I'll be watching...."

Evening chin - you gotta sell your act to a comedian - the tears are running down my cheeks,and my tummy hurts for laughing so hard!!!
Be careful, someone will market stuffed chins as a "friendly, no maintainence pet!!"

Lol! i'm glad to make you all laugh. Its just been nagging away at me all day! Maybe I'll make a comic strip or something.

By "no maintainence pet", you mean besides the bathing and the possible gather of live chin poo to complete the illusion... right? Teehee. We could finally sell chin poo!

I think it's disturbing. I don't care if it died naturally or not.

While I find this topic disturbing I am completely in love with the Adventures of Frank. Almost makes me want a Frank. Almost...

Oh-oh - Frank might become the C+H Mascot! Daily Comic Strip??? I see 2 votes already! Maybe Frank has handball experience!

Last edited:
Lol! I dont know about daily possibly weekly. Well we deffinetly know Frank but who is this cagemate who just cares so much?

Well now frank can poo and we can sell it to the public, so they can run their own Frank. Hurrah!

Haha, I want a web comic, srsly. As much as I talk to people about chinchillas, they'd get a kick out of it (I can seriously hold a 4+ hour long conversation concerning chins with newbies and usually do)

Taxodermy is more than just skinning, though. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of chemicals involved, you'd honestly have to look it up, but I'm pretty sure it involved the whole body not just reconstructing one from the pelt.

my dad is a full time taxidermist and has his own bussiness. you are correct there is alot more to taxidermy then just skinning it. There is alot of salt to dry the skin out and preservatives so there is no decompasition.

Incredibly disturbed by this thread, but also finding the adventures of frank most amusing.
I would be concerned about chemicals in the taxidermy process though.

On my ferret forum we had the adventures of Trotter, a plush fabric stuffed ferret. He would get mailed around the world. There was a waiting list to get on to have Trotter mailed to you. When he arrived you took pictures of Trotter enjoying himself and seeing the sights and post the pics and a brief story about it in a special post. Then you paid the postage to send him to the next person on the list. First you'd check with the next person to make sure it was a good time and he was still wanted or you would skip until you did. It was very popular and fun. Should we do this with a plush (not pelt) chinchilla?

As for the real Frank (Thats my name for it I don't think she's named it.) I know nothing of taxidermy, not a clue. But the Chin he's with is NOT eating him she really seems to like having a buddy in her cage so... Owners preference.

My other thought is could I use pics of your chins to make the comic. I would just photoshop a pic of a stuffed (plushy or taxidermied, which ever is easier to find pics of) chinchilla in with it and add text. Anyone cool with that?

Back