She's gonna blow!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, too, check all the time - can you get a current weight?
Hoping everything turns out O.K.!

this is like receiveing presents from relatives in the mail - and your parents put them under the Christmas tree....and you are wanting to open it - but can't just yet.....c'mon already!!

That little bugger is definitely having serveral of us dying of anticipation.
Come on Sweet Mademoiselle Artemis, this is very difficult on humains to have to wait sooo long.

I'm not sure on a due date. Her mate went to Sumiko on February 8th so the last possible day she could have kits is May 28th...she is definitely due before then though, lol. I think she just has a very large litter...which is why I've been feeling kits kick for so long. She should have her babies this next week, if she doesn't have them by Wed I will probably take her to my vet and have him poke her some more!

Her current weight is back down to 980g which is what she was two weeks ago when I started this danged thread. She was up to about 1050g or so a few days ago. Here are some pictures of the fatty lady.

I'm not FAT!!!!
IMG_1036.jpg

"That's the spot!"
IMG_1028.jpg

"WHY DID YOU STOP????"
IMG_1029.jpg

"Dust bath?"
IMG_1046.jpg

"ROLL!!! Half...way...cause my belly is too big to roll like a real chin."
IMG_1043.jpg

HAHAHAHA. I love her dust bath pic. Poor thing is HUGE. I bet she can't wait to get those babies out of her.

Her vulva is twice it's normal size and slightly discolored and she is VERY open...BUT...she's been like that for a couple days and she was like this last weekend for a day as well. I've stopped looking for normal signs of chinnie labor on her..she is an evil teasing wench. She was even standing and looked like she was having contractions two days ago...

I do not think this chin is pregnant--she's just a fatty. Say that to her, maybe reverse psychology will work and she'll have babies just to prove us wrong!

I was waiting for a drop in weight, and the night before Efreet littered she was UP another 10 grams! I tell you, they are all out to trick us. Start obsessing over her neighbors and pretend you've lost interest in her entire pregnancy! Go with that reverse psychology--I agree!

I'm at work laughing my tail off right now. My boyfriend just called me asking if Arte had her babies yet. This is the same man that tells me I've become obsessed with CnH. Who knew he was tracking Arte too? :neener:

Ha, that's nothing, my two chins Jade and Pearl have been with my male Rocky since November 14/09 and they could have had babies around march and still nothing, they've been overdue for about 2 months now, and I am more than impatient with them, but I just decided to not worry anymore, and the funny thing is that they still haven't delivered any babies and I keep waiting!

They are doing like this to me :tease:

Laurie...my mom has been telling her that since last weekend. She does NOT care, lol.

She is in labor. There's some blood and she's having contractions...though if I'm in there for any length of time she lays out and tries to act like she's sleeping. So...she'll have babies tomorrow or we'll be at the vet first thing in the morning. I'm probably not getting much sleep. Will keep everyone posted!

Oh cool! Lots of pictures! Good luck with everything and I will pray for a smooth delivery and healthy babies!

Back