My new girls Trixie and Pixie

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Sandi I was glad I got your cubes! They even enjoyed some of them on the ride home! I am still waiting on two packages. One Brittany is bringing by tomorrow as she passes my city and another should be in the mail when it's ready. They have bedding in the cage for now until their fleece is here tomorrow.

I could not help myself. I had to get a few more pictures of the girls. You can tell they have already started to warmed up to their new place. Look how they are trying to crawl right out to me. Even if I just go in there to put in hay they want to crawl up my arms. They are so sweet.

IMG_0731.jpg

I made the mistake of... moving and they decided to dive bomb their house....

IMG_0733.jpg

All clear... back to exploring

IMG_0732.jpg

I think I'll stay in here sis, you go ahead....

IMG_0730.jpg

Keep in mind I just got these two little beauties so they have yet to have a dust bath.

Congrats on your new additions! They're adorable! Looking forward to many, many more pics! :)

Soooo.. I'm I can't help taking tons of pictures... here are some more. Yesterday I got some pretty purple and pink liners from Brittany as well as a bunch of chew stuff.

One was in the cube, one was on top of the cube... this is the best pic I could manage
IMG_0734.jpg

Checkin' out the new toys
IMG_0735.jpg

Nomnomnom
IMG_0736.jpg

Look sis there's one over here!
IMG_0740.jpg

Congratulations! Trixie and Pixie are so sweet :hearts:
Glad the goodies arrived on time.

More pictures. Just weighed the girls... which they weren't very cooperative with... Pixie is 180 grams and Trixie is 162 grams.

Whatcha doin' mom?
IMG_0739.jpg

Pixie - Lookin' a bit annoyed that I woke her up to get the picture.
IMG_0743.jpg

"I can come out now?"
IMG_0742.jpg

The why are you taking a picture of me look...
IMG_0738.jpg

And finally this is a full shot of the cage currently.
IMG_0741.jpg

Pixie is an absolute daredevil and likes to wall surf up the side of the cage and scale the cage. Trixie is likes to spend most of her time in the wooden house or bouncing about like a mad little thing. Both come to my hands easily but Trixie is the more hesistant right now. Pixie on the other hand is full of attitude and will bark at me if I pester her. Their noses are ever so slightly different, Trixie is a tad smaller, and one of them has a wider black rim around their eyes. Slowly learning to tell them apart on sight. Often I need them next to each other to be sure I know who is who.

Last edited:
I question the low weights what scale did you use? Did you mean 280 grams and Trixie is 262 grams?

Last edited:
Aww they are precious! Glad they're enjoying all their goodies! I was fostering a pair of standard sisters last summer. I could only tell them apart by an ear notch. Their new mom says they've changed a lot as they've grown, and she has no trouble telling them apart. I'm sure they'll continue to develop their own unique traits as they grow. :)

I apologize for the weights... they are not correct. My digital scale is apparently horridly off. In my head I was turning those numbers into 200s and not concerned. I weighed them with a nondigital scale and the girls are more like 275 for Pixie and 250 for Trixie. I am going to see if I can't either figure out why my scale is off or return it and get a different one. I just got it today!

More pictures, can't help myself.. they're just too cute.

What??
IMG_0738.jpg

I love this one because you can see how pretty Pixie's fur is
IMG_0737.jpg

All snuggled up
IMG_0744.jpg

Why are you taking my picture???
IMG_0745.jpg

So, I convinced the girls to let me weigh them again. Actually Pixie jumped right on the scale for me. Pixie is now 300 grams and Trixie is 275 grams so they are making good gains. They have been devouring hay and pellets both. Poops look nice and dark. I love these girls to pieces. They are just so sweet. I was trying to clean some of the poos out with a small dustpan and broom.. and the girls were crawling in the dustpan and taste testing the broom... well, and my sweatshirt. Silly girls. They aren't afraid of me at all and crawl right out into my arms.

I just got my last package for the girls... for now anyway. Christine sent me a custom hay box as well as a cute name plate for the girls... and a bunch of toys. Here's a few pictures I managed to get while the girls were checking out their new hay box. Have only put one of the toys in so far since they're still working on the ones Brittany made for them.

Chinchilla in the box
IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

Planning her escape while I try to figure out where to put the box and snap a pic
IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Move over sis, I want some too!
IMG_0759.jpg

Lol!!! Isn't it hikarious how they always seem to get themselves into the oddest places?!,! Your girls are too cure!! And thats a beautiful cage!

I can't wait to open up the second level and fill it with goodies! I'm thinkin' maybe at the 4 month mark they could try it? Depends how much they weigh, I only did hardware cloth on the top level. However, several people have said they had chins around 4 months in a FN without an issue. They aren't bad jumpers at all and I have two Bass pans so there would be no risk of falling long distances. I totally feel the need to decorate the bottom level.

Latest posts

Back