My new girls Trixie and Pixie

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillybabe

I promised everyone a thread so here it is. On Sunday afternoon I will be picking up these two beautiful little chinnies.

023-3.jpg

I am purchasing these cuties from Cat and Bill over at treasuredchinchillas.

Freshly cleaned cage...
IMG_0713.jpg

Yes, the cage is in the kitchen... I put it in there to finish drying after I brought it back inside. These things are much easier to do when it's warm outside.

Pans are looking a little worn but will soon be covered in nice fleece. I wish I had used fleece from the beginning, maybe they wouldn't have those ugly spots now.

Will post more as supplies arrive and after picking up the girls.

They are tiny because they will not be 8 weeks until the 27th. They are however already eating and drinking all by themselves. I won't be picking them up until Sunday. I am sure they will get bigger quickly. They're sisters and I just couldn't pick one of them. Hopefully some of their things will arrive before I go pick them up!

The toy is 5" x 4". The first set of pictures were taken when they were 3 weeks old. They are currently 262 grams and 241 grams.

Congrats, they're cute. Are you going to keep or change the names? Cat, you sure breed some cute chins ;-)

I don't think I will change their names. They have such cute ones already picked out. I also am horrid with names and can't think of anything I would like any better. Sorry if I implied all of the pictures were of *now*. I was just wanted to show off their cuteness. As Cat said they will definitely be old enough and big enough to leave their momma. I will also be keeping a close eye on them to make sure they're getting enough to eat and continuing to gain weight.

Well, I am picking up the girls tomorrow. I have of course ordered many things for them. They have to be spoiled don't they? I got home today after running a few errands to find two boxes on my doorstep. One from fuzzieskingdom and one from Sandi.

Here are a few photos.

5lbs of hay cubes from Sandi, 3lbs Timothy, 2lbs mixed - box was stuffed
IMG_0720.jpg

Box full of goodies from fuzzieskingdom
IMG_0716.jpg

Here's what was in the box
IMG_0718.jpg

In addition to getting some lovely new things for the girls I also worked for hours on securing hardware cloth to my Ferret Nation. Thankfully I had the help of my dad who is good with handy things like that and not overly concerned about getting stabbed with sharp wires. This was definitely harder than it looked for pictures of other people's modified cages. I have to say I will be glad when the girls are big enough I can take the stuff off.

Here's a picture of what I have set up in the cage so far. I am picking up some brand new ledges and a wooden house when I pick up the girls tomorrow afternoon. Keep in mind this cage is not yet chinchilla safe as there is no way to safely get to and from several of the items. However, this picture shows off the adorable fleece pattern I picked out.

IMG_0723.jpg

My girls are home safe and sound! Here are some pictures for you all to enjoy.

A quick picture of the girls in transit

IMG_0725.jpg

Cage setup before putting the girls in. The beautiful shelves and the wooden house were both made by Cat and Bill.

IMG_0727.jpg

The girls - Trixie I believe is the one peeking out and Pixie is in the back being camera shy while munching on hay. Maybe she doesn't like people watching her eat?

IMG_0728.jpg

Latest posts

Back