Just curious, what the stupidest thing you've heard?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get them wet they will die and the fur will fall out, spray the chin with lysol to get rid of fungus. And over and over again, I did not breed the chin, I got her when she was pregnant-even though the person has male chins. Or "I have a vet appointment but can you tell me what it is?"

Rob- "I think it's funny Neve thinks she can pull up my carpet."
Cindy- "Um, they can, Shelly does it."

*runs away from the comp to get her from pulling on my carpet."

Hard to remember them all but here is a recent email I got for the rescues.

"I was looking at fostering since I'm not sure I have enough money to buy a chinchilla. Can I keep it in the same cage as my other chinchilla?"

"If they hear a certain tone/pitch their hair will fall out and they will die. "

"you can keep them in the same cage as a rabbit, but dont let them breed"

"I'm gonna get my male a female friend, but its ok, she's spaded"

I had a vet tell me once that my six year old was very old for a chinchilla and wasnt worth treating because he would die soon anyway. He also used to pick up my little guy by the scruff of the neck. I finally got the sense and switched to an exotics vet and have been there ever since.

I didnt hear this one personally but, some one on here was told that you can tell how old they are by their feet? Hmmm...

To the above poster, getting a female rescue and they already have males to clarify, one time maybe, but 4 or 5 times......NOT. None of my female rescues or fosters were pregnant, I must have just been lucky....yeah.

Last edited:
90% of accidental breedings...seem to magically happen accidently again.....

I have have seen someone take in rescues that are often pregnant..I thought to bad what luck..until I had a two rescue girls here for 2 months....I let her take them as she wanted to love them and keep them etc so poor choice I let her

both girls had kits at her house 4 months later......they "came to her pregnant" that would mean they were pregnant for over 6 months cause I know it didn't happen here I KNOW they didn't leave my house pregnant they have been in a separate room for the whole time thw two GIRLS together....

a lot of Accidents are very very convienient....

I know sometimes it is truly a I bought a chinchilla and OMG..but not as often as people would like. I let my male and female play together is not an accident

I was pre-warned that Penelope could be pregnant and she came along with Rex other wise they were going to go to a shelter. I don't think she was pregnant though, she was suppose to be 2 months along when I got her in June, and nothing has popped out yet. So I think I got lucky.

You're good. Unless she somehow turned into an elephant in the last several months, she would have littered by October at the latest if she were pregnant in June.

As a side note... When I thought Bess might be pregnant, I literally almost vomited. I had nightmare after nightmare about waking up and finding dead kits everywhere, half-eaten kits, alien kits. I was so scared, and Bess picked it up from me and acted funny.

The reason I got a female chinchilla is so that I don't have to worry about any accidents, "accidental" or otherwise.

Thank goodness Bee is just fat.

I know! ;D That's why I was happy by the end of October, I could stop worrying and just enjoy them now.

Except they weren't separated fully 100% until the end of September (meaning playtimes together), so you're still not out of the woods until around the beginning of February.

Except they weren't separated fully 100% until the end of September (meaning playtimes together), so you're still not out of the woods until around the beginning of February.

Yeah, I know. :[ I was trying to be up beat. I'm having her go in the vet for a check up on her teeth and what not and hopefully we can find out if she is or isn't.

Rob- "I think it's funny Neve thinks she can pull up my carpet."
Cindy- "Um, they can, Shelly does it."

*runs away from the comp to get her from pulling on my carpet."

I finally took a picture for you.
c8c80ea5.jpg

"That big plastic ball is his favourite toy, he loves his exercise in there!"...oh, and another one....
"My last chin committed suicide when he jumped off my tall book case....he must have been unhappy."
WOW

hahahhaahaha, I just found it so funny about the chin commiting suicide, lol

as to something stupid, I saw someone on an ad say that you can just purchase hamster food at the bulk barn because she was looking for donations for her chins

I finally took a picture for you.
c8c80ea5.jpg

nice, lol. Chins can do damage if they feel like it!

On another note a girl in my school decided to breed chins. I asked her what the bar size is. Its 1x1 inch. I said the babies would get out, she said not to worry. That chins are born deaf and blind like all rodent babies. It will be a month before they can move and try to get out. -.-''

Back