It's a violet, it's an ebony, it's a....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know as soon as I saw this post I KNEW it was about your new boy. As soon as he settles down give him some 'butt scritches' from his Aunt Brittany. I like Java, it gives the show a coffee theme... Java, Latte...

PS How old is he?

since he's so....plump....what about Jaba? like jaba the hut! lol

regardless...that will be his nickname from me :D

He is a handsome one!! How much does that chunk weigh! He looks so big in your hands. Awesome lookin' dude! With that mutation will he develop freckles???

OMG he is even adorable in pictures! This was the one on the auction table, that went for like $190, yes? Paul was telling me about him and I put down a bid on him....he actually said he's a hetero beige, out of a standard and a beige....but in the end, my mom was suckered into getting the 6Okes mosaic kit that was on the auction table as a pet... and we only had one extra carrier... so we could only get the kit and I couldn't raise my bid on this guy... but it's great to see he got a great home!

he actually said he's a hetero beige

Uh..is he sure? Lol..he's the most homo- hetero looking beige I've ever seen if so! He's got the jelly bean red eyes and everything. *shrugs* I'm waiting on his pedigree from him.

I haven't weighed him yet...but he's pretty solid. He was still pretty freaked thi morning when I checked on him, so maybe he'll settle down since no one will be home all day.

I too like the name Java!! :D

How do they get so big?! My Tribble is a little over 5 months and he is so tiny compared to this big guy!

Wow that's a big chin! He's beautiful though! I also like the name Java, very cute :)) I hope he gets settled in soon and wish you many happy years with him :))

Ok ok, his name is officially Java. :dance3:

For now his name is Java Scaredy Pants, poor guy barks at me anytime I try to see him! :(

I sat with my hand in Latte's cage for an hour last night (arm was going numb) before she had the guts to come out of her tube. Hopefully he'll come around soon! How's he eating?

Ok ok, his name is officially Java. :dance3:

For now his name is Java Scaredy Pants, poor guy barks at me anytime I try to see him! :(

Aww, poor baby, he'll come around. I'm sure having to sit around an entire day and night with all those different people gawking at him took a little toll on him. When he does come around give him a big long scritch from his auntie Sandi. :D

Yes, I guess the reason he wasn't in the show was because he chewed some fur before he could be entered, so the show was definitely hard on him. :(

He's eating ok, he ate a handful of hay overnight and munched on some of the hay cubes Sandi gave him. I put a small pile of pellets in his hidey house with him too and they were gone this morning when I checked on him. I gave him another handful of hay in his house this morning before I left for campus.

I'm hoping he's drinking when no one is around. I don't think he drank anything Saturday night and I marked his bottle yesterday but didn't notice the level going down any. I tried to syringe him a bit of water but he wasn't having it and I didn't want to force it and risk aspirating him. Hopefully since the apt. is empty today he'll come out and find his water bottle.

He wants to be a good boy, he loves his scritches when I give them to him, he's just too scared for now. I found my bottle of Rescue Remedy and put a bit on his ears last night too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back