Chronicles of Rhino

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he is! he had just a few minutes out of his cage so far tonight, because my daughter wanted to visit with him before bedtime. and oh my! the hissyfit that ensued when he hopped into his cage and realized i closed the door after him! hahaha! jumping from shelf to shelf, pawing toys off so they'd clang on the bottom of his cage, grabbing palm leaf shredders from me and throwing them, turning his butt to me...... the boy has some spunk, lol, and i love it!

some photos from last night.

helping mommy with laundry, lol
Image0084.jpg

mmmm..... wood good.......
Image0101.jpg

by the way, that is officially his chair now, lol, due to all the dust on it.

just so darn cute!
Image0098.jpg

his game for the night - sit between my feet then spin around, run off, come back, spin around, run off, come back........ it was hilarious!
Image0102.jpg

and lastly, all the new things in his cage. spoiled lil bugger........
Image0089.jpg

oh my! Rhino was being extra cheeky last night, lol. i was in the middle of sweeping shelves. i use a little pink dustpan toy broom that my daughter lent me. well i set it down for just a second to move something in Rhino's cage and the little monkey comes running around the side of the bed, grabs it, and drags it 3/4 of the way across the bedroom! lil bugger...... hahahaha.

and now Rhino has a vendetta against the little pink dustpan too! lol. he stole it last night and dragged it across the bedroom. the dustpan is bigger than the little broom that goes with it. my Rhino must have something harsh against pink, hahaha!

progress!!!! was able to pick Rhino up when he was out for play time without doing a tail grasp first. woo hoo!!!!!! he still squirmed like a toddler not wanting to go down for a nap, lol, but the rosehip made things all better :rofl:

and to celebrate, Rhino is getting a cage upgrade! picking up his new abode on Tuesday at the latest. it's going to be huge! it's a 'large cat cage' and the lady said it is as tall as her. i'm so excited! went in to my bedroom to tell Rhino, and all i got in reply was some stink eye that said 'come on mom, i'm snoozing here!', hahaha!

the funniest shot of Rhino ever! (yeah, i'm not modest, i'll post a photo of my chin having 'fun' with a dog stuffie, lol!)

Image0175.jpg

and Rhino says 'ahhh, that was good. time for a lil rest'

Image0190.jpg

and later, it was all 'what are you looking at me for? you brought the dog in!'

Image0207.jpg

Image0182.jpg

poor lil stuffed puppy, he needs to go in the wash now........ :rofl:

ok folks, last set of photos for the night, i promise! lol.

Image0143.jpg

such a poser!

Image0145.jpg

when i told him he better stop trying to eat my laundry basket or else i'd take money out of his wood fund to buy a new one, lol.

Image0162.jpg

my sweet lil sleepy boy after playtime :))

Image0206.jpg

what a handsome fellow!

Oh my! Rhino is having a jolly good time, isn't he? LOL! Love the last picture! He is quite a good looking chin! :D

he LOVES that clubhouse! i wish i could make him a smaller version to go in his cage but he thinks cardboard is a food item, so playtime is all he gets to be king of his castle, lol.

and yes, he is definitely my good lookin' lil guy. i love him to bits! last night he got to be out for almost 2 hours and after going back in his cage he was chewing on the door, wanting back out. guess i should've moved the stuffed dog out of view of his cage........ hahaha!

rhino is such a cutie! rutherford is definitely not modest about his moments with the hedgehog... he does it right out in the open, and makes a lot of frustrated noises to make sure i'm looking at him hahahahahaha

i also love chinchilla toes! they're so darn adorable. sometimes i'd reach in his cage with a finger, and rutherford would clutch it tightly as if he's holding my hand <3

a few more shots of my lil furbutt baby :)

posed and poised!
Image0253.jpg

caught red pawed eating cardboard! lol
Image0249.jpg

i think i have a southpaw chin, lol. he likes to hold that left one up.
Image0199.jpg

see, southpaw chin! lol. and i love this one! it's my cellphone's wallpaper :)
Image0120.jpg

love this one too! playing with shadows in photos is so much fun.
Image0270.jpg

some more random shots relating to Rhino

the cute little pine heart my daughter's teacher gave us to make a name plate for Rhino's cage
Image0171.jpg

current version of the cardboard clubhouse! (renovations to come)
Image0257.jpg

Rhino's new cage is kiddo approved! lol (yes folks, she wanted to go in there and pretend she was a chin, hahaha!)
Image0228.jpg

Image0234.jpg

omg thats a huge cage!! i cant wait to see it all done up. Rhino is one lucky boy!
hahah.. i agree, he is a lefty!

Back