My new girls Trixie and Pixie

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to take some newer pictures but I just wanted to give everyone the update. As of this evening Pixie is 590 grams and Trixie is 516 grams. My girls are getting so big! They will be 5 months old in exactly two weeks on the 2nd of May. Still a bit concerned by the large difference in the two, but maybe it's just how they are. Trixie is still far more skittish when picked up and such than Pixie. Pixie is a lot more laid back but is also more likely to bite your finger if you insist on holding her when she wants down. Pixie's coat also seems to be a bit more plush than Trixie's. It's amazing how different sisters from the same litter can be.

My girls are getting so big! I have been so busy with work and everything else I haven't had a chance to take as many pictures and things. I keep meaning to and then get busy with other things. Today I did get weights for them though. It seems Pixie is leveling out a bit as she hasn't had much growth in 2 months and Trixie is catching up with her. Pixie is 676 grams and Trixie 662 grams. They use to have about a 40 gram difference. It's going to be a bit harder to tell them apart now! They turned 8 months yesterday. Not sure at what age they'll be full grown. Based on their mother and grandmother I think they'll get a bit bigger still. Here are a few older pics to tide you over.

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 20
Awwww! They are getting so big! Still adorable as ever. I have a new set of sisters. They will be 4 months tomorrow. So much fun and sometimes scary watching these little ones grow and explore.

Back