Yep...she was prego - Twins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nibblesmama

Mabel just gave birth to 2 babies. Husband (works from home) called me saying Dale was screeching at the dogs (they are in sep cages but next to each other) and hubby looked at Mabel he was like "since when do chin's have 2...or 3 tails?" And called me when he saw a baby face poking out from under mama. All's good so far. I'm heading home in a bit. So sure as heck, she was prego, poor thing. Even though Dale is neutered, he's going to stay in the other cage for now. He is having a fit.
Pics and weights to follow!!

Awww...congrats....silly hubby chins don't have 2 or three tails - unless there are 2 or three chins in there!! Can't wait for the pics!

Pictures!!!

They both seem to be boys. One is 50g the other is 60g.

Mabel still has blood on her hands. But she's keeping babies close to her, she drank some water and seems to be in good spirits.

Attachments

• baby1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    baby1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 91
  • baby2 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    baby2 [Desktop Resolution].jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 88
Awwww....look at those little fuzzy butts. Congrats on your new boys.

Pork and Bean

Are baby #1 eyes open? If not you will need to do it, search on here for instructions

Yep they are. He was squinting. So far so good for day 3. They are all over the place! Climbing up the walls of the cage, then across the top of the cage belly up - goofy babies. The larger one is carrying around hay. Not eating it, just carrying pieces around.
Mabel is doing well, she's in good spirits. She's eating and drinking good. One of the boys went up to the water bottle and bonked his nose on it, a drop came out and plopped on his head and he shot off across the cage and under mom - that mean ole water bottle! LOL!!!

They are going to be adopted together by a friend of mine (she's had chins) and she named them Pork and Bean.

Back