would love to find hay!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
i,no lie,live in a redneck hick town lol....what makes me so angry is i can NOT find a bale of timothy hay to save my life!!!!!!!!!!!! it hurts my feelings lol,im so tired of paying so much for such a little bit of hay!!

I don't know if you would be interested or not but you could call the oxbow company and see how much it would be to order 50lbs of their hay.

I have a local petstore order it for me and it usually cost about $60 for 50lbs of hay. I live out in the country but all anyone seems to have is fescue mix. So I just get the 50lb boxes of oxbow timothy and orchard grass hay. Mine really like it. I order 50lbs of chinchilla deluxe straight from oxbow and for shipping its usually about $25-$27 so it probably wouldn't be too much for you to order the hay if you want.

I order the hay from a local petstore because they just call me when its in and I go pick it up. That way I don't have to wait around all day for fedex or ups to deliver. My local petstore can't get the 50lbs of chinchilla deluxe so I have to order straight from oxbow.

Last edited:
You can't buy one online? You can buy a 9-lb timothy hay from Oxbow for $25 (without shipping) but that's definitely worth it.
I buy mine online just because I can buy a larger amount for less the money and save in the long run. I use the brand Zupreem (in my opinion smells & looks better than Oxbow, and my chins prefer it over Oxbow). Bought an 8-lb one awhile back for less than $20 (including shipping) and I still have some left.

You can't get Timothy here in the winter, you have to just buy the bermuda or local grass mix. In the summer stock up on it - it starts at $16/bale during peak season and goes up to $52/bale.

thanks tara,mom told me to try looking in covington,la where they have large horse stables that feed high quality hay..ill def stack up on it if i find it lol your bale was gorgous wish i could find that here!!!

Look on Craigslist, I know in our local Farm section, you can find timothy hay bales. And it doesn't HAVE to be timothy hay, orchard hay or some other grass hay works well.

Look on Craigslist, I know in our local Farm section, you can find timothy hay bales. And it doesn't HAVE to be timothy hay, orchard hay or some other grass hay works well.

my dad bales hay and im highly considering just using that i think its bahaia (sp)

Try calling a local horse barn. My mom owns a small barn here in MD and I only pay about$4.50 for a bale of good quality timothy hay.

just checked craigslist- timothy/orchard hay is $2.50 a bale here....

Back