Thanks to my forum friends!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
I just wanted to take the time to thank all my forum friends. Many of you know I've been going through a difficult time with my sister Lisa's terminal breast cancer. The other day my dear, sweet friend, Sasha PM'd me saying she was sorry she hadn't responded to my post, but that she really couldn't because her heart was broken and she was crying over reading the latest news. Sasha is also dealing with cancer with her Opa and it's hit the both of us very hard. She said how she never imagined coming to a forum to learn more about a beloved pet and along the way meeting someone who has become such an important part of your life and a life long friend.
And that is SO true. You could have ever imagined that I would find a forum when I needed it most--after I crunched Gordon in the recliner, and not only would I learn all I was doing wrong for my chinchillas, but I would find truly life long friends!
If not for my furry friends I would have never had the opportunity to meet a lot of my chins grandma--Kim, I would never have gone to a chinchilla seminar and show where I would meet Brenda and Wendy with their gorgeous ebonies. Or Allison who makes the cutest tubes and hammocks for my crew--but also some really cool jewellry to help me find strength when dealing with my sister's cancer. I would have never met Carol and travelled with Carol to the show--Carol who means so much to me and my sister Lisa by sending her those wonderfully encouraging and loving cards. Without this forum I wouldn't know Angela (gella) and her wonderful creations, or Deena (puddles & chubbs) and her super awesome chubbichins. I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet Deena's Chubbs or Stacie's (Stackie's) Neeko or Shayna's (peachydays) Gregory--who lives on in my heart and theirs as well I'm sure.
I have so many chins I love that aren't even mine--Smudge, Koda, Ralph, Puddles, Binx, Frick and Frack, Macy, Miss Kiwi, Loki, Kobe and Kumiko and so many others!
I wouldn't have met Shawna (Bekks) and through Shawna her boyfriend, Bob, who struggles with his own cancer diagnosis. I would never have met such wonderful teenagers Mae (MacyGray) and Brandon--I mean come on where were such cool kids when I was in school??? And how can Mae be so flipping talented!?!
Without this forum I would never have met Chantel--the ONLY person I know who I would gladly suffer Florida and their leather people and sharks and alligators for! Someday we're going to lounge on the beach and drink those drinks with umbrellas in them! Or she's coming up to Minnesota for cheese curds!
Without this forum I would never have me Amanda (newt) who I just know someday is going to be a published author! Amanda my good friend who lives a million miles away from me in New Zealand! New Zealand--how flipping cool is that? New Zealand so close to Australia--homeland--to my sexy Alex O'Loughlin aka Mick St. John
Without the forum I wouldn't be able to live vicariously through Tami (AnimalsR4me) and Melissa--who go out and meet cute boys! And especially Melissa who thinks red lipstick does make you feel better know matter what!!
So many people have shown me love and support, some people who I speak too on a daily basis and also people who I don't--who just reach out to me when my story touches them.
Without this forum and tunes' and hedgemom's knowledge my little Abigail might have been lost to me--and she gives me so much comfort and joy during this trying time.
Through this forum I've met people who like to read as much as I do--who love to watch American Idol and the Skank Bus!
Because of this forum I've found friends who love and support me and who help me on a daily basis come to terms with the cancer that ravages my sister's body.
THANK YOU--one and all--thank you to everyone who's PM'd me, who's responded to my posts--
I just really want to say thanks for being there for me--being here is a very integral part of each and every day for me!

Much love to you all!

Last edited:
Laurie, it works both ways. Thank you for educating us on cancer and for sharing such a personal story so publicly. And thank you for being one of the kindest, most accepting people I have ever met. You can see the good in anything, everything and everybody. I have always told my kids their whole lives and I try to do this myself........"Surround yourself with good people". I believe that is one of the keys to a happy life. You are one of the 'good people' I choose to surround myself with. Thank you.

Oh Laurie, you are such a special person. I think a lot of us here cried when we read your post about Lisa, for someone I have never met, I sure feel a lot for. You have a heart of gold and are such a fighter. No matter what you are going through, and I don't know how you do it with a smile and a good attitute, you always still have time and kind words to help others. Lisa and all of us are the lucky ones to have met you! I think one day I am going to gather up all the "leather people" and all the forum members and come stalk you for a huge CnH sleepover! I can only imagine our stories and adventures we would have. You have lots of couches, right?

OOOH we could have a sleepover as long as Therese (addictedtochins) does not bring up any werewolf stories! She always finds the ones that creep me out the most!!! I say we all meet at your place so we can snuggle with all the baby chinnies!!

It's a deal! But you have to promise to bring cheese curds and some Carbone's pizze (so what if you have to drive to the twin cities to find it- I need some REAL cheese!) I have a baby chin for everyone, they can be like party favors! Lol.

Laurie, we thank you too! Binx & I thank you for helping us through the surgeries, and I agree, it works both ways! Who would've ever thought a chinchilla forum would help me create such great friends! Thanks for being there for me Laurie!

Oh Yay! I can come? I'm working on a story about a werewolf who owns a chinny supply store in WI. Laurie knows the place is owned by a werewolf but the pictures of the fleecy stuff and toys and the prices are just irresistible. So one day she decides to visit the place before she goes to work on her graveyard shift. Mr. Werewolf is very nice and puts her at ease. She is just in heaven, so much cute stuff...what to choose? Finally she take her purchases to the register and suddenly realizes a full moon has risen out side!!! What?? NO!!! She didn't know there would be a full moon tonight! She hears nails clacking on the floor and hopes it's just the resident chinchilla Lumina...To be continued.

We love you too Laurie. Every time I go out, and I see a cutie and I'm too afraid to go and talk to him, I think to myself "Ya know, if Laurie were here, I know she would pull me, kicking and screaming, and giggling, all the way to him to talk to him, so I might as well buckle down and just go say Hi!" And I've met some wonderful friends through you and because of you. I cannot wait to someday meet up with you and sip cocktails and enjoy the "view" of the hotties surrounding us! You bring so much joy to not only my, but I think I speak for everyone, our lives. You remind us on a daily basis, to enjoy ourselves, and enjoy one another, and our families. And to love as if tomorrow will never come because you just never know. You've touched our lives in so many ways...We should all be saying thank you to you for bringing out the best in us, and touching us so deeply, and thanking you for sharing Lisa's story with us, no matter how heart breaking it is at times, and reminding us of so many things we forget on a daily basis. So, Thank YOU Laurie.

Oh man...now look what you made me do :cry4: Anybody got a :tissue:?? You're a real sweetheart Laurie! I hope to meet you someday!

Laurie, you truely seem to be a very special person, as I imagine your sister to be as well. I am happy you trust us to be so intimate and open with us, and hopefully we can give you the suppport and encouragement to get through such a difficult time.

Gahhh Lauriiiie! You need a disclaimer when you post, a "note: this may make some people cry"

Anyway... like Carol said, it is very much mutual. You have been such a lovely person to me and I thank you for your friendship. Carol is really right, you are one of the good people we all should surround ourselves with. I know how lucky I am to have such a great friend like you.

Aw Laurie, I'm so glad I met you too, we've had some good times at the shows and get togethers!
We've had our fair share of cancer in my family too (breast and uterine) so I always keep you guys in my prayers :heart3:

You are a dear dear friend Laurie. I only hope that one day I can come visit you over there in the USA :hug2:

I agree with everyone. You are a total sweetheart & even though you are going through something very hard you still remain to be a good friend, lend advice, & wish everyone & their families well! Thats a blessing & a true friendship regardless of actually meeting or not. You have made us all very aware how delicate life is & to truly cherish what we all have.

Im very happy to have 'met' you & hope that one day i can actually MEET you! =]

:hug2: You seem like a pretty awesome person Laurie. Although I haven't talked to you much on the forum. Your faith and joy are incredible :)

You truly are an inspiration. Your strength and faith remind me everyday that life is a gift. Each moment we have, each memory we make; you remind us all to just suck it all in and enjoy it.
There are angels among us and you are one of them Laurie! God bless you and yours :hearts:

Back