Nice cages in Europe

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadeshda

Hi.

About 3 years ago, my bf and I got two chinnies. We are in Europe (Portugal) and we looked around for cages, but the only ones we found were too small and outrageously expensive (like, 100€ for a 2feetx2feetx2feet cage). So, we decided to build our own from pine and melamine, following the advice of many people from this forum. The thing is, the cage is huge and the girls love it, but it's a pain to clean. Since the part of the structure itself is wood, we can't just hose it down to clean it, even if we removed the shelves. Cleaning it ends up being very time consuming because we have to wait until the wood in the structure is fully dry before putting the chins back in, and specially in the Winter, it's a pain. There are also some gaps between the wood and melamine in the structure, and I think some bugs and spiders might have gotten in there. It is also ridiculously heavy.

So, we thought it would be a good ideia to get a wire cage, like the ones from QualityCages. But shipping a cage from the US would probably be too expensive (and, to be honest, I don't even know if they would ship), so I was wondering if anyone here knows of any European online store where we could get a nice cage from. Based in the UK, Germany, Spain, it doesn't matter, as long as they'd be willing to ship to other EU countries.

We have also thought of getting one of those huge bird cages, but we find them too flimsy and the mesh too wobbly to be holding the wooden shelves and two franctic chinchillas jumping on them.

Thanks in advance :)

Nádia

Contact MacyGray. She lives in Spain and got a ferret nation there pretty reasonably.

I just called Linda R. @ Quality Cage, and they do ship to Portugal now!
You can Google the websight and E-mail or call them, and they'll quote shipping!
She said it can get pricey - not cheap! So try to get one that breaks down, if you're handy with tools!!

I have the same problem living in Italy. But I found this website today that sells the ferret nation http://www.mondopetshop.it/product/2671/Midwest-Super-Ferret-Nation-142-Gabbia-per-Furetti.asp

Shipping is free for orders over 49 euro, but reading the fine print, it may be a little more to ship outside Italy. The only catch is that the cages are WAY more expensive at 320 euros (about 460 USD). In the US they seem to range from 200-300 USD. Ordering from the US may in fact be cheaper depending on shipping.

Back