Myrna went over the rainbrow bridge

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you don't mind this last post, but it's really hit me tonight and I realize tomorrow I won't see her again. So this is a goodbye to Myrna.

I raised my children in the country. I still miss the wave of sound that happens at night. The crickets and frogs were like the tide of the ocean. I miss sneaking out quietly to watch the deer cross into the fields after the sun set. I miss rolling down hills into the pecan orchard. I miss taking long walks in the woods, always discovering something new. I miss walking through the old barn and climbing bales of hay, up into the loft and remembering the past.

One thing I didn't miss were the rodents. I was constantly battling field mice that set up nests under dressers and in the pantry. I didn't miss the strange little sounds in the attic. I did try to save the little ones that I found and scooped them into a pot so I could show them the door.

Then I discovered chinchillas. I told my daughter I didn't want a rodent and I would not get emotionally involved. Boy was I wrong. How can this be a rodent? They are the softest pet you cannot really cuddle with. How odd and cruel is that? It doesn't matter because they so expressive and cute, you don't mind it. They seem to have a way about them that begs you to let them do as they wish while you watch and enjoy them doing just that. It's so much fun to feel the cool little feet on your skin as they hop over you on to an adventure you can't quite see. Then, if you aren't paying attention to what they are doing and they disappear, your heart sinks until you find them curled into the tiniest of spots nearby.

Thank you Myrna for showing me how delightful a chinchilla can be. We will miss you very much.

I'm so sorry to hear of this. I was hoping for a good outcome also.

I am so sorry she is gone, I was really hoping she would be found safe. It is hard but sadly enough these things happen.

Back