My new dude.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
I picked up a new chin tonight as a foster with the option to adopt.
Some guy in Jersey was going to dump him at a shelter, so I rescued him from a chinchilla rescue in NJ.
I spent hours cleaning out his cage and stocking it with new stuff and I even had my fiance' build him a new hidey house last night.
He seems pretty timid so far and is having fun exploring his new home.
He will reside in my basement (it is a finished basement w/air & windows) until quarantine is over and then eventually he will move upstairs with Richie and/or Stitch.
I haven't come up with a name for him yet. all suggestions welcome.
I have attached a pic of the house and of him!

Attachments

• chins.jpg
    chins.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 88
  • chins 015.jpg
    chins 015.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 181
hes adorable! good job rescuing him. im sure hes verrrry thankful :] the house is cute too the little fleece door is a cool idea.

for names... im thinking chiko! or maybe tito.

:heart: grace + noelle

Aww, bless his heart! I think you should name him Lucky! Because he is lucky to have found you! Love his hidey house with the fleece curtain....cute idea! Good luck with him :)

Hey Michelle what a cutie! I don't know, you know how I am with chin names! I want people names for my chins. Anyway when I looked at him I thought Reginald or Reggie!

Wow he's in heaven with you! He has the most beautiful eyes. If he were mine I would name him Lord Zane Gray. Thank you for opening up your home for him. Hugs.

Thanks guys. He really is a sweetie. He let me pet his head a little but when i put my hand in the cage he either runs or he will come up and sniff & nibble and then run.
He ate a ton of his hay and all the good treats i gave him. His poo is huge & soft so i gave him 1/2 a shredded wheat last night & 1/2 this am.
I am still comtemplating names, I like Mack but I also like Dolce (means sweet in Italian). Lucky was my first choice but my fiance' said that is dog's name. I am still trying to figure out what is a good name for him. I also like Chance. But I am not sure any of those name fit him! This is SO hard.

Back