I need to stop going to the pet store.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essentia

Jax Chinchilla Rescue
Look what I came home with!

To give you a size reference.
IMG_0091.jpg

Mid scratch. :p
IMG_0095.jpg

Flash face
IMG_0088.jpg

They are tiny, tiny, tiny. Should I be supplementing them with a rabbit formula? They seem to be eating pretty well. I put hay and pellets in there, and I did see them munching on the hay. The person who surrendered them to the pet store did say they were eating on their own, but they are just so small that I'm not sure if I should be doing more.

Any bunny people here that can help?

Also, video of cuteness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu-qSzT2Kq0

Adorable, I came home with a cute baby bunny like that but he grew into a HUGE peeing machine. You better get busy and make an outdoor hutch for them. BTW that's how I got my first chinchilla, someone surrendered her to Petsmart and I got her for free incl her cage.

They look like they could potentially be dwarf bunnies (the ears aren't all that big) so they might be an "ok" age. They are very cute, just make sure you get them properly sexed and soon! Males should be kept in seperate cages, females can be housed together. Good luck with them! They're so cute!

Adorable, I came home with a cute baby bunny like that but he grew into a HUGE peeing machine. You better get busy and make an outdoor hutch for them. BTW that's how I got my first chinchilla, someone surrendered her to Petsmart and I got her for free incl her cage.

They will be up for adoption as soon as I know for sure they are eating well, are healthy and are old enough to be adopted. No need for an outdoor hutch. :thumbsup:

Ok, after doing trying my hardest to see their itty bitty genitals I believe they are all boys. Reading though I see it is really difficult to sex baby bunnies, so I am probably wrong. I will say though, all 3 of them looked to have the same exact genitals.

Why keep them outside anyway? I have a monstrous bun and she has free roam of the house. She has never, ever peed outside of her cage. There is the occasional poo now and again, but she's almost completely litter trained. I would never keep a rabbit outside in a hutch, especially in Florida.

They are beautiful Crysta. I would have been hard put to leave them behind too. Such dolls. :)

Oh, and the video IS cuteness. LOL

OMG they are just too cute. I never knew they groomed eachother like chinnies!

I don't know how old they are but if they are a little too young to be weaned one thing I can think of is to be careful of developing a prolapsed rectum. My tiny baby ferret got that, but he did survive.

I know bunnies like dark veggies and carrots and such. Are they too young for that? I wasn't sure if there was a age limit like there is with the chins and no treats before 6 months.

Is aspen bedding fine for bunnies?

I looked online and nothing says anything about aspen, just not to use pine or cedar. >.< I put them on aspen bedding and I just want to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

I know bunnies like dark veggies and carrots and such. Are they too young for that? I wasn't sure if there was a age limit like there is with the chins and no treats before 6 months.

Yes, they're much too young for veggies. Don't feed them any fresh veggies until they're about 6 months old. I can't believe the pet store was even legally allowed to sell bunnies that young. They don't look older than 3 weeks. That makes me very angry. :banghead:

They're very cute though. Good luck with them.

Back