grooming alot...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmo24

does anyones male chinchilla enjoy their special bath time too much?? Gizmo checks his male parts all the time....stretching it out and grooming it a few times a week. I swear he loves showing it off!!!! each time I worry about hair rings, but i've never seen any. Is he just a typical man? :laughitup:

this is kind of a embarassing question to ask but is it normal for a chin to have very large testicles? I just noticed gizmo's and they are huge!!!! And they are quite pink color. Is this normal?

any thought on the really large testicles? I know I sound strange, but I guess I'm just shocked at the size of them on such a small animal.

Ok good ...I was afraid they were swollen!!! lol...? I haven't seen them in a few months and last time I noticed them they were small and all of a sudden BAM!! LOL

a couple of my boys have larger testicles than the others. since all but one of mine are rescues I wonder if any of them have been neutered. and if the neutering would affect their testicle size.

wait im confused, isn't when an animal neutered, their testicles are cut off?

a couple of my boys have larger testicles than the others. since all but one of mine are rescues I wonder if any of them have been neutered. and if the neutering would affect their testicle size.

None of the guys from me have been neutered. I had thought Snickers MAY have been neutered, because his haven't "dropped" - but Monika informed me that he hadn't been.

wait im confused, isn't when an animal neutered, their testicles are cut off?

Neutering is the removal of the testicles. I just recently had my dog neutered, and they removed his testicles, but left the scrotum in tact - so it's just an "empty pocket" there now.....nothing inside.

Thanks Jill!
I just took out Klinger & Jack (separately) last night! They are both so funny. Jack is just so beautiful. And I call Klinger my little mouse. Got good weights on them both.
All of them are doing well.

As for the testicles, I noticed a couple of mine are very prominent, like the size of a grape. and then a couple others have sorta like knobs or buttons, maybe the size of a pencil eraser?? I am not sure if it is relative to the time of day or position, as I personally do not have a reference point. ;)

lol!! I havent gotten that up close up personal with snickers!! He comes out tonight or tomorrow to play and get weighed. I will have to check out his man parts then.

:err: Are you two insinuating that my Snickers is "unmanly?"

LOL...Monika...I NEEDED a chuckle this morning....I in NO way was implying Snickers was unmanly - he's a sweetheart...I was simply INFORMING Michelle that the boys were all still boys...

Monika - when we first got Snickers from you - I had asked about him being neutered...simply because our Gus - was, er, well - VERY visably endowed.

Back