FN cage questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a FN cage (double) that was given to me. I has no middle shelf. I would like to divide this cage into 2 sections. I looked but can't find how I can get the middle shelf. There doesn't seem to be any replacement parts. Does any one know how I can get this shelf - Also how does one get the metal pans to replace the plastice ones??

I think your best bet would be to ask people on here if anyone has one they would sell to you.

Ask when you order the pan - they might be able to steer you in the right direction!

Does it have the shelf under the cage? If so that shelf is the same floor as the one in the bottom of the cage. I used my storage shelf instead of the one with the hole for the middle section to make it permanently separated. I have seen a few FN images without that shelf, so if you have that it may be worth a shot.

if you contact midwest they might sell you or give you one. I know other people have ordered just a wall or caster directly from them.

You can call Midwest Homes for Pets and let them know you are in need of a replacement piece (pieces if need be).

This is a link to their assembly guide, which shows the pieces and what the company calls them. It's helpful to have.

http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/images/filemanager/warranty&assembly/FN-142(511).pdf

I needed a few parts when I got my FN, as the middle panel grid was gone (previous owner had a large iguana in the cage and had discarded it. I also needed 2 connectors.

Hope this helps!

I assembled my FN recently and yes, if you don't need the bottom shelf to store stuff, then you could use it to split the FN.

Per instructions on manual -

Bottom Panel Grid (2) - Large rectangular
mesh panel finished in black e-coat. Second
grid is used as shelf.

Back