Chin still drooling

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vyse

Hello.

My chin was taken to the vet on Wednesday to get its spur trimmed. It was basically poking into his cheek and now his inside cheek has grown a lump probably due to getting infected. Strange thing is I dont think the vet gave my chin any anti-inflammatory. Should he have been given anti-inflammatory? Is this why he is still drooling.

They are now shut this weekend so cant do anything until Monday. Thankfully he is still eating but not as much as he used to and only when the pellets are soaked in a little water to soften them first.

It can take my dental chin several days to stop drooling and begin eating normally again after a procedure. It would have been nice if the vet had given you something for the pain and inflammation. Mine usually only needs it for a couple of days however. Give it a little bit more time to resolve itself.

If you have an old cotton tee shirt, you can stick it in his cage. Mine likes to lay on them when he is drooling. Cotton seems to help wick the wet out of his fur better than anything else I've tried.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your reply.

The vet gave him some metacam and also another liquid medicine to keep his digestive system going. I know metacam is a pain killer but does it also have any anti-inflammatory properties?

Back