What won't you eat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milk is just slimy trough water......well, that's what they drink and out comes the milk.
Hey now, that slimy trough water tastes better than the city water here! And when you're real thirsty.... well, they keep it fresh. :D

I'll try almost anything once.

What has changed that to "almost" from anything category:
Those little squids.
Anything that has eyes staring at me.
Souse/head cheese
Grubs
Things that are still moving.

Sandi??!!! You ate one of Artie's cousins? OMG I might have to break up with you! jk--I love you too much.

I said I didn't want to but my bad, bad cousins snuck it in my food. :( Thank's for the visual of Artie though. I'm going to go throw up now. :vomit:

I am an insanely picky eater. I have a texture issue. I like the taste of tomatoes but I cannot eat the center of them. Along with cucumbers. I have trouble actually swallowing spinach and sushi. The sea weed wraps I can't stand, either. A lot of stuff is too flavorful for me. People say watermelon doesn't really taste like much but it tastes strong to me (I still like it though). I guess lettuce doesn't really taste like much...there are so many things that I wouldn't want to eat.

My mom always tell me that I would eat this stuff if it was the only thing to eat, but to be honest---I don't know.

caiti,
I think you are a super-taster, just like me... google it up :)

I will not eat meat, seafood, smelly cheeses and I am not too fond of cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, etc) because of the high sulphuric smell (& taste) to them- it makes me gag.

I mostly enjoy fruit (except litchi), mild dairy and cereals.

Last edited:
I am something of a headcase when ti comes to food.

I love applesauce, but I hate apples. I love gummi worms, but I hate gummi bears. I don't like american cheese, brussel sprouts, or anything bitter. I have a HUGE sweet tooth, but I'm not too big on salty food. I don't tend to like middle eastern or oriental foods, except tempura.

I will not eat anything that still has its face.

Laurie, how can you not like strawberries and raspberries?! I absolutely can't get enough!

I won't eat sushi, and most seafoods, no mushrooms, and anything that looks weird. My alltime, most hated food of all....LIVER! I grew up eating liver frequently, which was cooked horribly, and it will never, ever, ever be a food in my home!

Pfft, I love raspberries, and strawberries for that matter!

Yeah... pretty much anything with veggies I don't like... Once I was at Deb's house for dinner and she wanted to pile my plate full of veggies only I wouldn't eat them. She thought I looked like a vegetable eating person. I'm not.

I think the only veggies I like are green beans, corn and broccoli. I will eat salsa so long as I don't have to eat the chunks, just the juice lol. I tend to pick chunks out of everything...

I HATE chunks too and do the exact same thing with my salsa. I hate the texture of tomatoes after they have been cooked or aren't fresh. I also refuse to eat mushrooms or olives, unless by accident, and then my meal is ruined :vomit:

Scrapple is the leftover pork bits from the butcher mixed with seasonings and cornmeal then conjealed into a loaf. It could be any part of the pig, including organ meat, which is why I won't touch it.

I'll try almost anything once. If I'll eat it a second time is the question. I ate all sorts of weird things when I studied in Asia.

I am a super picky eater, well that, and I'm allergic to a lot of foods.

I will not eat/drink:
Orange Juice (but I love oranges)
Tomatoes (but I love Ketchup)
Cherries
Onions
Peppers
Anything Slimy
Anything flavored with artifical grape

Things I can't eat due to allergies:
Seafood
Anything with Red Dye
Peanuts (any nuts of any kind)
Milk (but I drink Soy Milk)

It's super hard to go out to any restaurant because I can't even eat foods with peanut oil or cooked next to fish or shellfish

I absolutely abhor onions, mushrooms gag.

I will not eat scallops just because they dont taste good.

I will NEVER eat an oyster or a clam (who looked at that and thought mmm looks like a booger - lets eat it!) If you see me next to an oyster im looking for pearls not a meal!

Meatloaf is disgusting. I just dont want to think about your hands all up in there and who knows what you put in there. Spam and tripe and anything that really comes from the scraps off the slaughterhouse floor is nasty.

I dont like spicy things so Jalepenos and other spicy things are out.

I absolutely hate the smell of curry. I also dislike that when people eat a lot of it they smell like it. I have left rooms because of curry. GAG.

FYI to Sheltie - most sushi is cooked - only the actual fish fish (tuna, hamachi, fresh salmon, etc.) and scallops are actually raw - shrimp, crab and eel are always cooked.

To those about veggies - try using the microwave for the fresh ones - example = 2 min. for an ear of fresh corm - wrap in a wet paper towel, quick easy and delicious!
I hated asparagus until I popped it in the microwave and it came out crisp!
And I love liver with onions and mushrooms!!

I think it would probably be easier to list the ones I DO like rather that the one's I DON'T like..lol

I love milk, only because for so long I was not able to drink it because it made me violently ill.And I am now having a "love affair" with sour cream, as I will eat it on just about anything!

As for veggies, I loathe anything that is NOT corn, sweet peas, carrots, green beans or lettuce or uncooked baby spinach leaves.

Meat wise I will not eat organ meats of any kind and just the thought of haggus makes me run to the bathroom! I was once tricked into eating deer and although it was good I try not to eat it when I know it is being served. This just makes my father in law hate me even more! ;)

I would never eat balut (boiled embryonic duck eggs that have been incubated 17-21 days, depending on the culture of the person making them).

Maybe it tastes good, but I'll never know.

Maggot cheese? Who would even entertain the thought of eating maggot cheese! I think I will go lose my dinner and dessert now! Please excuse me! >>runs to the bathroom<<<

I have a "cute rule" when it comes to food. I don't eat anything that I think is cute when it's alive. This rules out things like veal, duck, goose, and lamb, as well as most "exotic" meats. I'm also starting to not eat meat that I can't identify, tell where it came from or what else is in it. It may not be vegetarian...but coming from a very meat-oriented family, it's a start! Plus, people find it hard to argue with the cute rule.

Other things that I've cut out of my diet:
-high fructose corn syrup. I don't care what the corn commercials say, if it's processed that much, I don't want it.
-Fast food burgers
-KFC

On the other hand, if something grows out of the ground, I'll probably try it. I haven't met a veggie or fruit that I didn't like.

Odd thing, though, now that we're talking about it; I can't drink Pepsi. I have a weird allergic reaction to it. I can drink Coke though, and even Wild Cherry Pepsi...just not regular Pepsi. What's up with that?

I have a "cute rule" when it comes to food. I don't eat anything that I think is cute when it's alive. This rules out things like veal, duck, goose, and lamb, as well as most "exotic" meats. I'm also starting to not eat meat that I can't identify, tell where it came from or what else is in it. It may not be vegetarian...but coming from a very meat-oriented family, it's a start! Plus, people find it hard to argue with the cute rule.

I think baby chicks are just about the cutest things ever, and I love adult chickens too, but you can pry the chicken drumstick out of my cold dead hand. :p

Back