What won't you eat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are too many things to list on this thread, but in defense of dairy everywhere, I LOVE milk. I could drink a gallon of milk a day and die happy. Life without milk would be no life at all. It would be like life without chocolate (which, by the way if you eat, there is milk in it).

Allison - Mail me a piece of your cake - Raspberries are my very favoritest fruit!

A couple not eaters:

Brussels sprouts (disgusting to even smell).
Asparagus.
Liver and onions.
Hot endive (cooked lettuce or whatever it's called). THE most disgusting thing on the planet.
Oysters.
Game anything - hen, deer, squirrel, and God knows what else. I eat beef, pig, and chicken. That's it. (No baby animals either, ever.)
Cantelope or honeydew - gross, gross, grossness.

There are a lot of other things too, but those are a few off the top of my head.

Peggy we are pretty similar. Born and raised on milk... I love it. Won't eat any game animals either and absolutely no baby animals. I used to love veal and then when I found out it was from a baby, that was it lol.

Certain foods I dislike on their own but don't mind when they are mixed with something such as tomatoes, peas, olives.

I have a hard time with really spicy food. I don't know how you can taste anything when the inside of your mouth has third degree burns!

Depends on context - like that survival show with Bear Grylls where he was drinking "water" squeezed out of elephant dung. See, I wouldn't do that under normal circumstances, but if I was going to die if I didn't... well...

Nice to be able pick and choose as we do, eh?

i greatly dislike onions. and cilantro

What the **** is wrong with cilantro! :impatient: Listen missy, you are going to have to return your heritage status at the door!

Yikes! All you milk haters, I don't get it. I could see being allergic to it or getting grossed out by it when it gets squeezed out of the cow and had to drink it at that moment, oh oh wait flashback :puke:, but other than that milk does a body good! I can't live without milk. Spam is a different story, I can't even look at it, lol!

I am a lifelong non-meat-eater. I don't like the term vegetarian, it makes me sound like a hippie ;)
So NO meat, seafood, poultry of any kind. Anything that may have had thoughts in its life.

I HATE HATE HATE cilantro. Like anything with it is tainted, I cannot eat it.

Asparagus. I love most of my veggies, but ICK.

Eggs. Unless they are baked in stuff, I cannot stand the taste and texture of eggs. The smell when my bf makes scrambled eggs makes me retch and head for the bedroom until the smell clears. Puke.

Cottage cheese. I love my dairy, but I have thrown up many times in my life (prone to migraines) and this just reminds me of unpleasantness.

What the **** is wrong with cilantro! :impatient: Listen missy, you are going to have to return your heritage status at the door!

:hilarious: What do you put on your tacos Luci? The ONLY thing that belongs on a taco is onion and cilantro. My Nana would be shaking her head at you.

What's up with you brussel sprout haters??! I love all things cabbagey--cabbage, bok choy, brussel sprouts yum!

I do detest melon--cantaloupe and honeydew the after taste makes me gag

I also am not a milk drinker, but will eat milk on my oatmeal and my raisin bran crunch.

I also can't stand non diet soda and anything with aspartame in it!

All you people hating on asparagus: try it on the grill! I was repulsed by it my whole life until last year. We grilled some, then tossed it in olive oil with feta cheese. Tasty! I still won't eat it blanched or baked though.

sandi im sorry....lol. i just cant eat it. it creeps me out! my parents still cook with it though but i just pick it out.

I am a lifelong non-meat-eater. I don't like the term vegetarian, it makes me sound like a hippie ;)

and whats wrong with being a hippie?!?! lol jk.

I LOVE cilantro!!! But I have read articles where they think people are predisposed to either hate it or love it. There's even an anti-cilantro group on Facebook!

I agree with the no organ meats or head cheese comment. Won't eat veal or most game meats. But I eat almost everything else. My weird pickyness comes from that I won't eat frozen or canned vegetables (with the exception of tomatoes) they have to be fresh! Mushy veggies make me gag. And the only canned meat I'll eat is tuna. A "friend" tried to feed me chicken salad made with chicken from a can and I almost lost it. Ewww! I also won't drink milk by itself. My mom used to make me finish my milk before I left the dinner table, by that time it was all warm, and I'm still scarred for life!

And grilled asparagus is delicious but we toss it w/Gorgonzola!

I love cilantro, too! But, I sort of have to or I would have died of starvation years ago. :p Out here they put it in everything, most of the food we eat at restaurants is Mexican food...sooo, have to like the cilantro!

I hate canned veggies, too...unless I canned them and processed they so they wouldn't turn to mushy ickiness.

Has anyone ever tried white asparagus? I got some and I thought I would not like it, but it was actually really good. I was pleasantly surprised.

I neither like nor dislike cilantro, but I do LOVE the smell of it. It smells like freshness. I love chopping it because then my hands smell like cilantro all day. UnnNNn.

I also love milk, a lot. If I ever become lactose intolerant, I will off myself, I am that into my dairy products.

Things I won't do:
Mushrooms - I try to pick them out or off of most things, but if I miss one, not a big deal.
Olives
Organ meats
Seafood
Tofu - like eating a sponge
Anything smothered in buffalo sauce
Bleu cheese dressing
Insects
Lima beans
Warm pineapple/any fruit heated
White pizza
Scrapple
Pork rinds/pigs feet
Figs
Fruit cake

Yeah, I don't like my fruit cooked either, but I LOVE lima beans! And olives are kind of a toss-up. The bf loves kalamata olives, I think they taste like chemicals, maybe what Windex would taste like!

About the only thing I won't try is kalamari - no octopus for me!!
Oh - and escargo - snails??

Ok, I'm being reminded of another flashback of the last time I was in Ecuador. I refused to eat cuy, so they put some of the meat in with my chicken only to find out later that it did in fact taste like chicken BUT I would never want to try it again as it is giving me the heebidabajeebies! Oh, and cuy is guinea pig. :(

Calamari usually refers to squid :thumbsup: (And it's delicious!)

Octopus ("tako") I've tried: liked the taste, hated the texture. Also, they're really intelligent and amazing creatures with awareness rivaling dogs, so I feel guilty eating that, and probably won't any more.

Sandi??!!! You ate one of Artie's cousins? OMG I might have to break up with you! jk--I love you too much.

Okay funny story:
We went to some restaurant on vacation in Florida when we were kids. Lisa got a seafood platter--fried--and asked my dad why there were chicken legs on it. Dad got the deer in the headlight look and said, "sometimes they do that honey" Lisa ate them and then later on looking at the bones on the plate looked and dad and said, "dad those were chicken legs were they?" Dad just said, "no"

Nuff said! To her credit though she didn't get sick or anything lol!!

I love calamari!

Dawn no way can I eat uni though! it looks disgusting!

Back