The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am SO happy! I get to finally join the Ferret Nation Club! Well, mine is technically a Critter Nation 161, but I can always get an add on to make it a double. :)

This is a huge deal for me because last year I came so close to getting a FN142 from Craigslist. Unfortunately it wasn't secured in the seller's truck too well because when it was in transit it fell off the truck and busted completely. I was so heartbroken because I hate the cage that came with my chin with a fiery passion. It's a huge pain to clean with it's annoying little doors. Plus it's rather cramped inside even with the rearranging I made. His dust house barely fits. :cry3:

I'll probably still keep it to use it for a quarantine cage if I decide to get him a little friend or neighbor (above or in another room depending on how well they get along) in the future.

Now I get to clean and make chin-ovations to the wonderful CN! I'm so looking forward to decorating it. Also plan on litter training the fluffy one. Tried it with his non-CN cage but it was too cramped and the fleece wouldn't stay put. He did try to pee on the wood shaving covered saucer, (all that could fit) he was just heavier than it was so when he hopped off, it toppled making a mess. I'm so looking forward to playing with the new cage! I hope he'll be just as excited.

Yay, cant wait to see pics! CritterNations are just as great as the FN and with the small bar spacing they can even hold a kit if need be later down the road. Congrats! :thumbsup:

I'm in! Yay!! I finally got a FN and I can't wait to get it set up so my boys can enjoy the space and I can enjoy the easier cleaning! Finally caught a decent deal on CL. Had to spend the whole weekend cleaning it and it's spread all over my house right now, but it's gorgeous! Once I decide what I'm doing with the floors and get my boys into it I'll post pics. Thought I was going to get bass pans but now I might tile it. Got fleece liners on order.

Question: The shelves that come with it. Do many of you use them or store them and use wood instead? Or both? I'm trying to decide if it's worth covering them or should I just set them in my attic and put up wood shelves? It's a double that will be housing one chin in each level until I can get a second FN and each chin has a chin spin, potty dish (don't know why I'm still trying), tube and hidey house. I'd like to make maximum use of space.

I do not use the middle divider in the cage, so I do use the shelves that come with it. That way my girls can't fall straight down from the top and I don't have to hang a hammock or bridge across the middle and it provides more "floor" space. If I WERE using the divider, I wouldn't use the shelves.

finally put all of Boo's cage together.
booscage.jpg

I am still working on removing the ramps and plan on adding a few more shelves for Scoops to jump around on... I feel like it may be too much though? Shooper made my liners and the matching hammocks and hidey house! She did an amazing job!!

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 110
I'm officially joining the club, even if my FN is sitting in the corner, completely empty while my girls chill out in the temporary cage I adopted them with. I'm waiting for all their goodies to fill it up. I've ordered ledges, houses, a bed, lots of fleece and toys... who knows what else. All I know is the credit card has been rung up pretty high in the past few weeks. (And I need to stay away from the classified section and vendor list for a while, lol) I cannot wait to decorate and take some pics to share, and moreso, I cannot wait to give the girls more than 2x the space they have now. They look so cramped right now, lol.

Soon... hopefully. :)

I am still working on removing the ramps and plan on adding a few more shelves for Scoops to jump around on... I feel like it may be too much though? Shooper made my liners and the matching hammocks and hidey house! She did an amazing job!!

You have done great, looks awesome! I love the close-up of Scoops, adorable!

I hope this helps. Shelly (Shooper) made my liners because I am horrible at sewing. She made my entire set like pillow cases to slip right over the plastic. I am attaching photos of the back, front, and inside out. I cannot wait to see how your cage turns out! You do some amazing work!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 55
Woo whoo I'm about to become a member of the ferret nation club! lol My friend had one for her ferret but didnt like it because he would poop out of it so she just wanted to get rid of it! So I dont know where I'm going to put it yet or anything but I'm pretty excited!
I have so many fun stuff I want to buy for it! And I know that it probably needs new pans but I'm super pumped!!

:dance3:Finally have a FN 142! Got it for $20 off craigslist in great shape:dance3::notworthy: Check out this post HERE to see a picture

I thought I would add some pictures of the girls cage to the Ferret Nation club. I don't want to be left out now do I? I've only had a Ferret Nation for about four years....

Top Level
IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

Bottom Level
IMG_0842.jpg

Full Cage
IMG_0844.jpg

Side View
IMG_0845.jpg

Woo Hoo....just bought a Ferret Nation 142 off of Craigslist for $75...picking it up tomorrow!!!! Yay me!!!! I'll definitely post pics once I get it all dolled up!
Got mine for $20 off Craigslist! They wanted $50 at first, but when I got there, dropped to twenty!!:)

aw Lillybaby I love how pretty your cage is! I think those colors just look really nice together....did you match the fleece around the blue walls?

Also I'm so jealous of you guys finding FN's for so cheap! Amazing! I still need to post pictures of my cages, I'll get on that soon.

Lillybabe, are those 2.5" bass pans? How are they at keeping poo/shavings in? I need to order these, but I wonder if 2.5 is enough..... beautiful cage!

I believe they are the 2.5". I got them years ago. They keep... well the bulk of the poos in and I use fleece so very few shavings get out of the pan. Some hay gets out as well since both my hay boxes are next to sides of the cage. It's not really a big deal to sweep up though. Far less gets on the floor than when I used shavings. With chinchillas nothing is going to keep all the mess in. When they hop around... sometimes poo goes flying... especially with my girls considering they're so young. They are crazy hyper.

Thanks rainey for the compliment on my cage. My walls have been blue in my room for years. I'm finishing grad school and still living with my parents so they've been this color since I was 17 or 18. My parents surprised me with it one day. Personally, I think the color is a bit... young looking but it's what I have. I didn't match the cage but I did notice when uploading the pictures how nice it made the colors in the cage pop out. I found the pink heart pattern over at Fuzzies Kingdom and just had to have them.

Latest posts

Back