Tank Update Thread

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow he looks good. I would love to take him home but hubby told me 1 is enough. he is hansome

That video was better than any picture you could have taken. He looks great! You did a great job. Such a happy chinnie! :)

We are still battling this eye infection. I brought him to the vet and had xrays done as well as a visual of his teeth in case that was the cause. Everything came back perfect. Not even a tiny point. He eats really well so I didn't figure that was it, but at this point I am coming up empty handed. Dr Hart said to start him on SMZ on top of the drops. e has been on both for 2 weeks, and he still has a milky discharge and a watery eye. Talking to Stacy she had an eye infection like this that was also being stubborn and the ointment kicked it over the drops, so I have switched over to it today. I have also started using an herbal immune booster from Tanya. Keep your fingers crossed! The last thing I want to do is keep switching antibiotics and end up with a mutant infection that does't want to be beat by anything we try.

After battling the eye infection for over a month it seems like we have finally kicked it! His fur is almost completely grown back from where the large matts on his hips were removed. He's eating incredibly well, and is now back on the water bottle. He loves his toys and wheel. but even more than that he loves me. <3 Everytime I walk into the room he has himself plastered to the front of the cage begging for attention. He doesn't care about treats half as much as he cares about attention. When I open the cage he leaps into my arms. At playtime he will run around, but most of the time he just spends it cuddled on my lap. He is literally the sweetest chinchilla I have ever met.

As of tomorrow, since I am off for the entire week, I will be trying to introduce Axel and Tank. Axel accepts any chinchilla he meets, so I am hoping Tank will accept him. Tank is very easygoing, so please keep your fingers crossed. If I can get them to get along I will be giving Tank a forever home here. I can't bare the thought of letting him go.

Pictures will be coming tomorrow!

So I've been lazy and I haven't tried to introduce yet. I HATE introductions, so I am taking my time. :p In the mean time, here's a video. :D His right eye isn't weapy anymore, though from the video it kinda looks like it. It's actually the last bit of eye ointment that hasn't come out of his fur yet with dusting. He also has a tiny part of fur on the side of his mouth that you can see in the video that looks funny. That would be from him spitting the stick SMZ back at me after I gave it to him. He was a big ol mess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diCimiTVP7g

He loves those scritches. He looks great. Such a big ball of fluffy love.

Here is Tank now. Unfortunately his eye infection did come back. We have another vet appointment for Tuesday to see what else we can try as we have pretty much tried every combo already. Other than that though he is doing amazingly well.

Whatcha doin in my cage?
IMG_1769.jpg

Oh! You're here to give me scritchens! Ok!
IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

You know what, I'll even pose for you, because I am feeling just that nice today.
IMG_1763.jpg

NOM NOM NOM What?! Big boys gotta eat!
IMG_1764.jpg

Still hungry, gonna eat my toes.
IMG_1768.jpg

PeeeeeeeeWWWWWW! Those stink!
IMG_1767.jpg

Here is a picture to show how nice his fur has come back in.
IMG_1757.jpg

And then last but not least, a picture of that evil eyeball. :(
IMG_1755.jpg

WOW Crysta congrats on getting him in such good shape. Hope you and your vet can get that eye under control... what a sweetie Mr. Tank is!

Latest posts

Back