Rough side of breeding (graphic)- good vibes needed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, you are so awsome for doing all that work for that poor little kit! I just hope I have as much strength as you do if I ever come across something like that.

How is she doing today Kristy? I hope the little one is doing well! Still got fingers crossed over here that she pulls through! <hugs>

Still here this lunch hour. I got 3 drops in her that is seems like she may have swollowed. She was upside down under mom but down to 32. so I don't think she is nursing

She is a little less wobbly but has already given me a few scares. Momma Jade is always over her and protecting her. I will keep my hopes up until she begins to pull away. I will not give up on this little one though until she is gone

I believe that you got home early just in time to save the kit so I hope she pulls through and hopefully she will start building strength.

She didn't make it.Just now I held her in my hands as she took her last breath, Mom got to go back in with the colony. The girls all started grooming her and cuddling her imediatly so she is getting the comfort she needs.

It is strange after all these years how much this is still heart wrenching. I can't sleep from crying.

I can still go through my records book and tell details about each litter and if one or more in the litter died what happened. All I can offer her now is that I will not forget her. Yesterday I had started calling her Domina.

I wish I could give a hug from afar. I'm so sorry to hear. You tried your best and that's all you can do. Take a hot bubblebath. It does wonders for all kinds of tearful times.

awww kristy thats so sad. you did everything you could and now at least the mom is comfortable. nothing can take away the pain but time. and a good cry in the shower!
take care. :(

Back