Prayers, Please.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasha

Mmm Helicobacter pylori..
Yesturday I found out my Opa (Grandpa) was taken to the ER because of excessive rectal bleeding.

Today they found out he has cancer. Thats all I know right now....

Please, keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa's bad news. You and your family will be in my prayers. May God give you and your family strength to carry on.

I'm so sorry Sasha. You & your family are in my thoughts. Stay strong.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa Sasha. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

You are in my thoughts. I hope he can get out of the hospital soon too. I lost my only grandpa to cancer so I know it can be rough.

I found out today that his prognosis is not good. His cancer has metastasized and is in his liver..among other places. They are going to try to do surgery tomorrow on his colon to try and remove some ofthe tumors. But... they told us that only 20% of people with this type of cancer live up to 2 years. It's a real blow to the heart, and I'm still trying to come to grips with it.

The sad thing is - he is sooo diligent about getting checked out. He was getting colonoscopy's done twice a year.... but they just didn't catch it, I guess.

My Oma and Opa have been married something like 45 years. They are inseparable. It breaks my heart to think about what they are going through together right now. I cannot picture my Oma without my Opa at her side.

Thanks for all the support right now everyone. I really do appreciate it.

Sasha, this news breaks my heart. You have helped me so much to be strong and hopeful in my sister's battle against breast cancer.
I'm so sorry you have to go through this. There really are no words to make you feel better, just know that I love you and will be here for you no matter what.

Thank you Laurie. I'm glad to have you as a friend too... to help me be strong. We havent said anything to the kids yet and Im just not sure when we will... They are still pretty young and we're just trying to put on a brave face for them.

I feel like a broken record lately, asking for prayers and such. It feels like it's been one thing after another in my family - Scott's dads heart surgery, my dads heart attack, his moms brain aneurysm/surgery, his grandmas passing.. and now this...all in the past 6months.....

They say this type of thing only makes you stronger but I sure as heck dont feel that way.

I'm sorry about your grandpa's cancer. If he lives nearby, spend time with him and enjoy him while you can. Ask Laurie, I am always the hoper of miracles. Even when my Mom was terminally ill, when my Dad called to tell me she died I was truly surprised. Maybe I'm just really good at hiding my head in the sand, but for me, "It ain't over 'till it's over". Keep hopeful.

I am so sorry Sasha. Prayers and lots of hugs being sent.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Sasha. :(

The chins and I will send good thoughts to you and your Opa.

<3

Thank you everyone.

They did a colonoscopy today and found a large tumor. They inserted a stint, and he is able to go home tonight. In 10 days they will be doing the major surgery to try and remove some of the tumor.

Back