Port Ewen, NY MCBA show on sept 19

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a question (which may sound silly). do they have a place here where people sell chinchilla stuff? like toys or cage accessories. sorry if its a silly question! thanks!

:heart: grace + noelle

Sometimes people bring stuff to sell. Last year Lisa had some shirts & a few other things for sale.

I think I might drag Meg with me and go, its only an hour and a half from her. I have never been to a show and would love to go! I'd love if people had stuff for sale too.
Are there many chins for sale there as well? I'd really love to find a nice ebony girl and I know she wants another Brown Velvet or Dark Tan male.

People often have animals for sale that they are showing - some will be marked "For Sale" or have a price on their show tag, other breeders often put up their entire show string for sale (I know JAGS has before).

No Randy won't be there. I guess he's got tons of stuff going on. I was hoping as I wanted to get a couple more from them.

I can't wait for the show.

Has anyone reserved a room anywhere for this show yet?
I can't remember where I stayed last year, I want to get a room reserved and can't figure out where to stay or where I did stay! lol

It might have been the Super 8 in Highland...

Last edited:
i have a question (which may sound silly). do they have a place here where people sell chinchilla stuff? like toys or cage accessories. sorry if its a silly question! thanks!

:heart: grace + noelle

the silliest question is the one that is not asked

I would also like to know where I shud reserve a room... Can anyone let me know, and shud I reserve now or can I wait till mid august?

I am sincerely looking forward to meeting you all... I am shy and will try to come forward.... maybe I shud put a canadian/quebec flag on me
lolll silly me.

Last edited:
I believe I stayed at the Super 8 last year. Lisa Candy had worked out a special MCBA rate with them (I found my old emails). As I recall it wasn't a bad hotel, we got in about 2 am and were only there till about 7:30 but the wifi was good and there was a breakfast spread.

It is pet friendly, although I think there is a fee. I'm looking at about $132 for that single night if the $20 pet charge is still in place. :wacko: NY is so much more expensive to stay in than the other states I've traveled to!

Last edited:
Pardon the DP:
Pet fee is $10 according to the website.
I emailed Lisa about whether or not they're doing the reduced rate this year. :)

Dee if you are traveling through Albany then taking 87 down you can stay at my place. I am only 15 minutes off from 90. I am about 1.5 hours north (maybe a little less) from Port Ewen. I believe I left at 5:30 in the morning for the show at my house.

Thanks Jess - I travel 17/86 and then north from there because we're very south and 86 is more convenient for us than I-90. If I was coming near Albany I'd definitely take you up on that though - it'd be cheaper! But Mike would feel awkward, he's coming with again!

I see the address and date, but what time do people show up? and usually when does it end? I want to plan out before hand, I won't be getting a room since its not too far from us so we need more travel time.
Dobermans, $132 is considerably cheap, if you go towards NYC and Jersey its a buttload more :p

I'm just used to the prices I pay when I go to the PA/OH shows, which is never more than $100! lol Because I live in NY I've never stayed in a hotel here, except last year, we had that deal with the prices (plus I don't travel much!).

Is anyone interested in car pooling? My ac doesnt' work (and there is no fixing it) but I still want to go.

Still wondering what time it starts..

Brea,
Jenn and Meg are going,(Jenn is the other girl who uses this account) if you go through NJ first I am sure they will take ya with them, they have AC. Not sure if thats out of the way though.

Back