Official Secret Santa 2011

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about this whole return address thing. I may buy multiple things from different vendors but more so I want to put the gift together myself. What's the easiest way to go about putting a return address? I was thinking of using someone else's address who I trust but lives in another state...thoughts? How did people do it last year?

Only problem with using another address is that the post office will stamp where it was mailed from so people will know the city and state you mailed from anyways. Sometimes it doesn't matter if people don't really pay attention.

Only problem with using another address is that the post office will stamp where it was mailed from so people will know the city and state you mailed from anyways. Sometimes it doesn't matter if people don't really pay attention.

I agree! Plus, once they receive it, its highly likely that they may have already narrowed it down to you anyways (unless you gave out epic clues....)

Though, last year, my gift was sent to my house and when my dad came to tell me I had a package, I knew what it was and asked what the return city was. As soon as he said "Florida", I was like "CRYSTA!!!" hahaha.

My location is sneaky...so HA!

Maybe I'll even send it to someone else and have them send it (send a box inside of a box kind of thing). Or I'll just send it from here. I may do that, it seems like less of a hassle :D Thanks for the advice, everyone! Luci: if I get a package from Croatia, I'll know who to talk to about it...heh.

And thank you Stacie for organizing this! You've made a lot of nice and endearingly dorky small animal lovers giddy for the holidays. I already bought my gifts--that's how excited I was!!! I haven't even bought my family their gifts yet this year for pete's sake.

Glad to hear everyone is having fun :D First clues will be sent out later this evening :))

Please remember to PM me once you have paid for your gift and/or sent it out.

Last edited:
Has anyone received their gifts yet? I'm excited to see what all the SS have thought of!

Today is the "recommended" day to get your gifts paid for and sent out. If you have not sent your recipient anything, please do so by Monday. Please remember to PM me when you do, or if you are having problems.

I have not heard anything from several people....

If you have NOT yet received a gift, please shoot me a PM. I sent PMs out to everyone I have not heard from. Please let me know asap so I can see if I need to beg some vendors to put something together for someone who has a "bad" santa....

Back