Official Secret Santa 2011

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I join in if I'm in Canada?

I just wanted to throw this out there, if a package is small and under 4lbs shipping to Canada is usually cheaper or equal to shipping in the U.S. I've shipped hammocks for less than $5. Tracking is expensive, and it takes awhile to get through customs so your Secret Santa would have to get your package out as early as possible.

I love that CnH staff do this!! I haven't been this excited for Christmas since I was a kid! It's going to be so much fun picking out gifts!

so when I mail my person's package, do I go to the USPS or UPS? Do i ask for tracking number?

Either one, Akuna. Shipping is up to us. But FedEx and UPS will give a tracking number; iirc, the Post Office doesn't do numbers, but they will give you delivery notification by email, so you can know when it gets there. Personally, I'd avoid UPS unless it's something large or very heavy. Ime, they're more expensive than the Postal Service for small items.

gotcha. There is a USPS within walking distance, I figured I could go there. I've never done this before, so I'm making sure I do everything right :S

So I've been a bad CnH'er and havent been as active but I WILL be doing SS. 3rd year in a row!!! Gotta think of my hints :)

I too have not been the most active member due to being in grad school. But I keep looking to get more involved in extra curiculas, like back on my pet boards. I would love to join in if I'm active enugh. Please pm me and let me know if I can join... I'm very good at keeping promises and will live up to being a good SS if I join, but I also understand if there are concens about my on-again, off-again posting... there's always next year (after I gradaute:wacko:)

USPS will give you a tracking # if you ask for delivery confirmation. It's $.70 for priority mail and $.80 for parcel post. :)

gotcha. There is a USPS within walking distance, I figured I could go there. I've never done this before, so I'm making sure I do everything right :S

i'm on a shoe-string budget this Christmas, but would really like to participate. is it considered ok to send a gift below the $20-25 suggested range?

I always put myself on a strict Christmas budget. I would LOVE to participate in Secret Santa here, however, I don't allow the extra money in my budget to shop for anyone else, and I don't think it would be fair for everyone else to be getting $20 to $25 gifts and my recipient get any less. Just my thoughts.

Thank you, Britt, this helps out greatly. I figure once I find out who my person is, and their wish list, I will order it in November and mail it out on November 30th or December 1st, if this is ok with Stackie and everyone else. I want to make sure it gets there before Christmas, no matter how early it is hahah.

USPS will give you a tracking # if you ask for delivery confirmation. It's $.70 for priority mail and $.80 for parcel post. :)

I'll be in, busy with the baby, so it will be nice for my girls to get some new toys. I'll have Christmas baskets available too for this! :))

As Ann said, if it is not in your budget, it would be best not to participate. It would not be fair to a recipient to receive something less valuable than what others receive. There is always next year.

Back