NY/NE show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay I am coming! :) Is it okay to be there at 8? Can I register then and stll have time for people to help me groom 2 or 3 chins? :) SO EXCITED (1st show!)

So my alarm didn't go off :-( I'm still on my way to the show but if anyone checks this on their phone please let paul k. and meghan farris know that I will be late

Cheryl

thanks to everyone for making my first show so much fun. a special thanks to Paul K. who donated the chins for the raffle. i'm now the proud owner of a beautiful black velvet female.

IMG_6855.jpg

It was my first time attending a show, and it was interesting. I felt lost most of the day, but people were mostly friendly about it. My husband was bored to death though, haha.

I won the fleece set basket raffle, and it's awesome, there were a lot of nice pieces in it. I really needed a tube and I wanted to try a hanging hidey house, so it was perfect. It also had excellent timing since I put the middle section in my FN and suddenly needed a liner with the cutout.

I bought a nice dark ebony female from Tiffany, she's so beautiful. Her coat is just so nice compared to my other two girls (who I got from PetSmart, before I found this place). The flash washed out the color a bit, she's a very nice dark.

Attachments

• DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 27
Angelyco- I loved that fleece set! Annie put that all together for me and I so wanted to keep it for myself. Glad you enjoyed your first show. It was my first show and I cant wait till the next one!!

Congrats to those who brought home (or won) new chinnies. Unfortunately I was unable to attend... :(

Does anyone have show results handy? ;)

very very cute.
do you have a picture of what you won! and congrats on winning!

I wish I had taken a picture of everything while it was in a nice basket wrapped in cellophane. Total there was a 2-piece liner set for the FN, hanging tube with 2 covers of the same patterns, and a hanging hidey house. I need to hang the house a little better, I was tired when I put it in last night!

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

OH! Most importantly - the basket is getting the most use so far!

DSC00386.jpg

At least 2 of the 3 cats have been sleeping in it :))

Last edited:
nice set of fleece..

so did you guys meet alot of people.. who did you meet???? so exciting.. wish i was there

90 entries, 18 exhibitors.

Grand Show: Ryerson standard female
R Grand Show: Ryerson ebony male

Champion female: Ryerson standard
R. Champ female: Godin's Chinchillas black

Champion male: Ryerson ebony
R. Champ male: Ryerson standard

Champion white female: Godin's Chinchillas
Champion white male: Megan Farris

Champion sapphire female: Mish Irish
Champion sapphire male: Ryerson

Champion violet female:Silkrhein
Champion violet male: Ryerson

Champion beige female: Mocca (Anne-Lise)
R. Champ beige female: Hope Glover
Champion beige male: Mish Irish
R. Champ beige male: Ryerson

Champion standard female: Ryerson
R. Champ standard female: Silkrhein
Champion standard male: Ryerson
R. Champ standard male: Godin's Chinchillas

Champion black female: Godin's Chinchillas
R. Champ black female: Paul K. (raffled)
Champion black male: Godin's Chinchillas
R. Champ black male: Ryerson

Champion ebony female: Megan Farris
R. Champ ebony female: Tiffany Yarboro
Champion ebony male: Ryerson
R. Champ ebony male: Robillard Chins

Baby Derby (5 entries)
1st place: Mt. Zion Chins
2nd place: Godin's Chinchillas
3rd place: Godin's Chinchillas

Last edited:
Back