Miss Mousey, the (now)Tail-less Chin!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mousey is doing great! We're done with the meds and Mousey is back to eating her pellets and hay. I'm glad I didn't have any trouble weaning her off the CC although she never completely went off feed (except the day after the surgery). The tail stub is almost entirely healed, with a bit of scabbing.

I will try to get some updated pics of her this week. She is looking much better!

Mousey is so sweet! Who needs a tail anyway? They're over-rated! She is adorable and I am so glad to hear she is such a strong fighter!

*cough* More photos *cough*

I am really pleased to read that Mousey is doing well but it's no use you posting about her progress without some more photos, you know. ;)

Okay, I have some more pics of Miss Mousey-kins. I have tried calling her Bunny but it just doesn't stick.

Mousey is still looking a little scruffy and I actually attempted to groom her the other day (unsuccessfully) since I was rough-grooming my other chins for the CA State show. I was able to get part of her back with a #3 comb but couldn't finish it or even touch her sides. It's too hard to keep her still when there's no tail to hold onto. She protests at the slightest touch of the comb and is extremely limber. She can reach her head all the way around and reach her tail or her hind leg. She even nips when I comb her... so I gave up, lol.

Anyway, here are a couple pics and a video of her from the other night. Yes, that's a Zhu Zhu pet in the video, haha. I had to leave it off though because it scares Mousey when it's moving and making noise.

100_4909.jpg

Huh?

100_4908.jpg

"Please protect me from the evil hamster..."

Here's a video! Click to watch:

Lol, yes, but I don't know if I will. She doesn't dust very well and I can't even rough-groom her so the dust can get into her fur! Lol, plus, she's much smaller than my other girls her age.

Back