Miss Mousey, the (now)Tail-less Chin!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznmexaggie

Chinchilla Chateau
Well, it's been 10 days since Mousey's tail amputation. For anyone who didn't read her story, it is believed she obtained an injury during birth which affected the nerves in her lower spine and tail. Her legs tend to splay (vet said her adductor muscles are weak) and she had no feeling in her tail, dragging it around behind her. It got to the point where it continued getting rubbed raw and after a consultation with the vet, her tail was amputated.

Mousey still has 4 more days of Baytril but her appetite is now great. I had to handfeed her Critical Care for the first week but in the last few days, she's been eating plenty on her own.

Today, she finally could take a (much-needed) dust bath! I took a video while she played and found the glorious dust bath bowl, lol. I also took a few pictures while she ran around. You can see in the video how she hops like a bunny and her legs still sometimes splay. She's such a sweetie.

VIDEO (click to watch):

100_4800.jpg

100_4798.jpg

100_4796.jpg

100_4792.jpg

For those that didn't see the other thread:

After coming home from the surgery:
100_4709.jpg

3 week old Mousey:
100_4167.jpg

2 Wk Mousey:
100_4040.jpg

1 week Mousey:
mousey.jpg

Newborn Mousey with her sister... what a runt Mousey was!:
DSC06715.jpg

I agree that she totally looks like a tiny baby bunny, especially with that bunny hop going on. Awww. She's stinken adorable.

Ok...I giggled the entire video. She is just absolutely adorable and I DID hear a Sumiko of some sort in the background a few times. :neener:

I'm really really really glad her surgery went well. She does not look like her weight suffered one bit during the recovery time. Great job! I don't think she would have come nearly this far without your dedication and hard work. She's a very lucky little girl!

Pardon the pun but it looks like Mousey has come on in leaps & bounds. :thumbs:
It seems she is adapting very well to her disability & she's obviously not bothered by her lack of tail - what a star she is. :D

I tried not to say anything because I sound so funny with my chin baby-talk when recorded but a "yaaay" and few sounds escaped my lips, lol.

She really is adapting well! She bunny-hops around and now goes crazy for her meds, biting the syringe. I still give her a bit of CC sometimes when she comes out to play and she just attacks the syringe for it! She is eating a good amount on her own though.

Latest posts

Back