Meet Herman!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
::STOMP::: that's me throwing a fit! I wanna see him. :( Stupid flash isn't working right so can't see videos no matter how many times i download the latest version. Might have to sneak over to daughters desk top and hope it works there.

I took a video of Herman tonight for those of you who wonder how a chin with only one complete limb can move. I hope you enjoy it!

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/...ics/Chin Pics/?action=view&current=Herman.mp4

Amazingly well appears to be the answer, that's lovely. What a sweet, brave little boy. Is he able to pick up pellets and hay in his stumps, or does he just use his mouth?
Love the way you have his cage set up. Somehow, I don't think that one is going to let anything stop him, bet he gets into all sorts of mischeif! :D

He looks good Laurie. I don't think the missing legs are going to hold him back from being a happy & healthy chin.

For those of you wondering, Herman does eat but cannot hold pellets or hay in his hands. We have been chunky crushing his pellets for him and he does quite well. At first I was worried thinking a chin without paws cannot eat, however then I watched several of mine who have paws and discovered some of mine don't hold pellets, just do a face dive. Herm does hold down hay and apple sticks with his longest arm stump and he chews quite well! He has figured out how to best attack his ramp to chew it too. He rolls underneath it and then starts to chew on it! It's the most adorable thing you've seen, I've tried to get pics of it several times but to no avail!

Last night I witnessed him getting up onto his tube. Previously it was thought he climbed the squiggle bridge next to it and hopped over. Nope, he actually jumps on top of it from the cage floor! AMAZING! He does have to get a bit of a take off though.

This morning he has been everywhere, sitting atop is ramp, climbing up and down the squiggle bridge and sitting atop his tube.

I think he has adjusted quite well to life here. For those of you who watched the video I hope you watched to the end where you can hear me say, I love you, Herm. I do love Herman, I've loved him from the moment I held him in my arms when he was about a week old and said "If you can't find anyone who will take him, I will"

I have joked about not having anymore room at the inn, I've said my next chin's name would have to be Jesus. Herman certainly isn't Jesus but for right now he gives my life so much meaning, he makes me feel as if I need to be here for him--no he may not be Jesus, but right now in my life, he is my savior and my saving grace.

Herman is what I call my 2 children. Not disabled, but differently-abled. They might not do things the way we do but they can still get 'er done!!! :)

Do you have any orchard grass? It is floppy and my chins usually just bite an end and slurp the rest in as they chew it. Herman might find it easier to eat that as opposed to coarse timothy.

Look mom no hands!

AHHHHHHHH HERMY! That's it Laurie, I am coming to snorgle him.

Look at him! Little baby ears! Little bum boppin' up and down! :heart5: :heart5: :heart5:

I love love love Herman! The way he moves around you really can't tell that he's missing limbs! What an adorable ball of fluff!

This picture is just TOO adorable not to share! I wish I could take the credit but I can't--Stewart got it the other day

058.jpg

I have joked about not having anymore room at the inn, I've said my next chin's name would have to be Jesus. Herman certainly isn't Jesus but for right now he gives my life so much meaning, he makes me feel as if I need to be here for him--no he may not be Jesus, but right now in my life, he is my savior and my saving grace.

Oh, Laurie, what a lovely thing to say about your new baby!!! He is absolutely adorable and I know that he is well loved!!!

Please give Hermie a little kiss from his Auntie Lynn. ;)

Hmm...So here I am back to see Herman! I still can't get over that face he has...I know he is only 8wks but I have a feeling inside he is going to have that face forever! Lol! Lets see how he grows out...What a precious little chinnie. And well done to you Laurie! Can he dust alright too??

Back