Meet Herman!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
Today after waiting so anxiously I brought my sweet baby Herman home! Some of you may know he is a special needs chin--he was born with only one complete limb--a back leg. He has "stumps" for the rest of his limbs, arms put no paws, another back leg but no foot. He doesn't let him stop him one bit! He has a special cage designed for him with a ramp attached to a ledge and a squiggle bridge from his Aunti Sandi that he loves. Annie O made his wonderful and super cute Winnie the Pooh Fleece. Without further ado, please meet Herman!

Sitting in the box of Winnie the Pooh stuff from Annie!
142.jpg

135.jpg

Peeking over the top and yes, he did hop right out! Nothing stops this little guy!
143.jpg

He has a special cage, long but not tall, when he gets older he'll get something bigger. Here is his fabulous setup!

147.jpg

146-1.jpg

Last edited:
WHAT a sweet face! He looks adorable with his Winnie the Pooh! Can't wait to watch him grow.

He is so adorable! I'm so glad that you took him home knowing that he's a special needs chinnie. I think his name suits him well, he definitely looks like a Herman. :) Congratulations!

Wow! Only one complete leg! And able to jump over boxes! He is a trooper and soooooo cute!!!

eeeeehhehee! That little bald spot on his nose makes him even cuter (was it fungus or something?)

Caiti the little bald spot on his nose believe it or not was from him using his mouth and teeth to try to climb the cage he was in! Seriously nothing stops this little guy from trying to get around lol. He was in a smaller rat cage withh very small spacing, enough for him to push through lol! The fur is already growing back in--but yes it sure does make him look even more adorable!

Oh, Laurie, Little Two Paws and I are so happy for you and Herman!!!

He's adorable!!! Where did you hear about him???

How nice for him to have found such a loving forever home with you and your gang!!!

His abilities do not surprise me...I have always said that animals are so much more accepting of their situations...they don't KNOW that they are supposed to have 4 legs; 2 was plenty for LTP and now Herman is proving that 1 is just fine, too!!!

Lots of love and whisker kisses to you both!!! :hearts:

Last edited:
Lynn I got Herman from Bill and Catria Bonnier. I think Catria did an amazing job raising him alongside his chin mom. If it wasn't for her he would not be alive today imo. I feel so honored and blessed they thought enough of me to let me give Herman his furever home!

Hi herman!! I know you will be very happy with your new mommy!

omg herman!!!!! i love him, he is soooo adorable!

*massages both sides of his face while nuzzling his head with my nose*

...does that NOT express how much i like him!!!

cant wait to watch him grow, laur! he's so precious! and awesome liners annie!!!

Back