Introducing our new chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If quarantine was not observed from the moment that chinchilla entered the house, it is not possible to do now. Quarantine means separate rooms, no going between rooms or chins without washing hands and changing clothes, not feeding them out of the same container, etc. Since the chins cages are 6 inches apart, quarantine was not observed from day 1 so it would be a pointless endeavor now.

True, but do you think it would be good to do just in case?

True, but do you think it would be good to do just in case?

Just in case of what? Anything the incoming chin would have been able to pass would be airborne, since they have not shared a cage. If it's airborne, the damage is done. At this point I would just carefully monitor my resident chin and be sure to be aware of any changes in him.

Just wanted to update you that both chins are doing great. I haven't noticed any differences in McKinley... he's still his little menace self. Jade is becoming more and more comfortable with her surroundings and is eating and going to the bathroom more. She loves sitting near the door of the cage so I can pet her and scratch under her chin and behind her ears :)

Back