Fritz

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essentia

Jax Chinchilla Rescue
is now in Jacksonville!

Dana just got here and I got her checked into her hotel room for the night. Unfortunately I am still on the clock for another hour so I couldn't do much more than take a peak at him. This is torture!

I will probably be up for most of the night with him (luckily Dana wants to sleep in anyway) so there are sure to be some pictures soon!

:woohoo:
:party:
:dance2:
:dance3:
Hooray! I can't wait to see pictures and to hear all the follow up about how great he does with you :)

:needpics:

I think all of the work of those involved--but especially Crysta--that has been put into this little guy already is really touching. What a great community of animal lovers!

I can't wait to see pics!!!

Ok, so I couldn't wait and put up the "Be back in a minute" sign on the desk and ran over to their room.

His back is ok in terms of the matting other than he has a HUGE mat on his right side that I am going to cut out tonight. That can't be at all comfortable. I swear that thing is the size of a baby fist. His belly though is horrible. He really smells like urine, and his entire belly is stained yellow. I wonder if his penis was out of the sheath for a long time and when he urinated he was urinating up instead of down.

Looking at him though, I really do think we could get away with just shaving his belly (if the washing doesn't work) and cutting out that large mat. He's so thin that I don't want to shave him completely and have him freeze to death (though I would put him in a warm room with fleece). Before I go that route though I am going to definitely give his belly a wash and see if I can get some of those mats out without having to go the shaving route.

His bottom two teeth are super, super long. His top ones actually look really good though surprisingly. His penis is still in the sheath with no intervention for almost a full 24 hours, so woo hoo for that!

so glad Fritz has made it down to you! Big hugs to everyone that helped this guy :hugs:

I can't wait to see pics of him as he gets spoiled rotten!

You guys are like vultures! Hehe. I had to wait for my camera batteries to charge.

I only took a couple as I didn't want to freak him out.

Here he is looking like a gopher.
IMG_1349.jpg

Enjoying his new pillow.
IMG_1351.jpg

His new temp. home.
IMG_1355.jpg

And this....this is the mat I was talking about on his side....the one the size of a baby fist. You see the color difference. That entire thing is a mat. :(
IMG_1353.jpg

oh wow.....poor kid :(

i just went back and saw what you were talking about on his hands..yikes

I just cant stop thinking about what he had to deal with at his previous home. I mean..... It makes me sad to think about it.

He is so darn cute though. Look at his big old ears in the last picture!!

A thought - since he had been in his carrier with no bedding for a lenght of time, I would take it that sitting in urine can get the skin to itch. then caused him to chew at his paws and tail

A thought - since he had been in his carrier with no bedding for a lenght of time, I would take it that sitting in urine can get the skin to itch. then caused him to chew at his paws and tail

His hands and tail were like that when he was initially picked up by Leif from his previous owners.

Latest posts

Back