difference between pink white/recessive white/white mosaic

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't show one, but I did send some to Denmark, which is how I got the Blue Diamond's here through a trade. Before sending the male which was a full sibling to the girl I linked to earlier I was going to show him in Colorado. Since no one could seem to decide what class he was to be shown in I didn't show him, but I did have Bradford's grade him and they graded him as a first or better animal and was impressed with the progress I made with them while I had them here. I personally would have had no problems showing the ones I had here. All of the carriers I've shown were first or better with exception of a female I showed in Colorado who was the check animal for the show, and a female who took a first in Colorado then she took a second at Nationals. I know some people will argue that the standard traits override, but the genes are all still there. I personally think that most carriers do have different traits, I've seen this a lot with violet carriers.

Wow, Treasure does look darker than my RWs too. Is she older/oxidized? Blizzard has started getting a little darker over the past two years but not as much as her. The rest of mine are pretty light. Thanks for sharing!

I think it is just age for Treasure. If I remember right, she's one of the oldest of the group we got in California. I have Gem who is about five years old and she is about the same color as the photos in better lighting that Sarah posted.

Treasure's DOB is 11/12/08. So she is somewhat darker than when I purchased her at a year old. I kept her as a pet because she never littered in the 3 years was in breeding. Evidently she changed her mind when I parted ways with all my carriers and now I have 2 more pet chins and another level to add to my FN.

There is LOTS of improvement to be made on the RW's but I'm very confident the mutation is in the GOOD hands of some qualified and dedicated breeders and I very much look forward to seeing more of them on show tables in the future. :))

This thread and all the lovely photos everyone posted is great! I like being able to see the comparison. I've never seen a RW in person and doubt I will anytime soon, unless someone brings one to a show! I wish I was going to the shindig now though so I could see what Mish brings!

Oh and I've definitely had lots of eb whites born here with black ears.

Cheryl

Mish, I can bring some (not ready for show) can bring the adults and kits. This can save your little ones from a double trip in a short time.

Back