difference between pink white/recessive white/white mosaic

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcr

Although this picture isn't the best, I thought it would be interesting to show the difference in color between a pink white, recessive white and white mosaic. The pink white is left, recessive white middle and mosaic right. Compliments of Dip, Treasure and Gracie. :))

colorvariationwhite.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• colorvariationwhite.jpg
    colorvariationwhite.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 9
How did you get them to stay all squished together like that in one spot long enough to get a photo...velcro????

Wow, the recessive white looks so dark next to its "siblings". Are they always born like that and then lighten as they age?

Gracie is a cutie!

How did you get them to stay all squished together like that in one spot long enough to get a photo...velcro????

LoL
I might need some of that chinnie velcro so I get altogether pictures!

I have never seen a recessive white before, The fur kinda looks pinkish to me.

He/she is dark. The color was not what I expected from a RW. I've never seen one in person. Do you have pics of a lighter phase RW?

That looks way awfully dark to me, too, but then again so do the ears on the mosaic and the ear spots on the pink white, so it's probably just lighting, or too much contrast?

Here I have a pink white (L), lowe recessive white (C) and homo beige (R). Photo was taken under full spectrum lights - and I don't think I adjusted the brightness/contrast.

comp1.jpg

That looks way awfully dark to me, too, but then again so do the ears on the mosaic and the ear spots on the pink white, so it's probably just lighting, or too much contrast?

I was wondering about the ears on the mosaic! I've never seen black ears like that, although I wish it was possible. Your photography theory makes sense.

The lighting wasn't the best which is why I mentioned it at the being of the post. The picture was taken on an overcast evening in natural light. She is definitely a recessive white out of the RNL herd.

Here's a few more pics of the same chin for comparison. Lighting makes all the difference.
treasure1007101.jpg

treasure1116101.jpg

And this is because she was offended that her mutation was called into question. ;)
treasure-1.jpg

I don't think anyone was doubting you. You could definately tell she was different. I was just surprised on how dark she was. Have you ever shown a RW? I've yet to see any on the tables.

I don't think anyone was doubting you. You could definately tell she was different. I was just surprised on how dark she was. Have you ever shown a RW? I've yet to see any on the tables.

I look forward to seeing some in person, and under the show lights! The people I know who have seen them in person compliment the unique color.

I can bring one or two to the shindig (again, I brought two last year). But I don't feel they're anywhere near ready to be shown. They have very poor fur strength, no density, and lack size/conformation.

Back