Compatable??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about you just leave them as is. That way nobody gets hurt. That would be the smart thing to do.

If you think it is ok to put 2 males with one female you really, really, really need to educate yourself.

I know it's not ok to put 2 males with a female and I didn't and wasn't planning on doing
so since I know they would fight over my female

But that is exactly what you are going to do. You want to switch a female back and forth between males, and that is going to end up getting her or one of them killed. Switching a male between two females is one thing, female between two males is asking for someone to die.

But that is exactly what you are going to do. You want to switch a female back and forth between males, and that is going to end up getting her or one of them killed. Switching a male between two females is one thing, female between two males is asking for someone to die.

I have decided against that because I don't want my female killed. I will not switch them

Ok then I would rebond misty and cookie after and not do the musical chairs thing

What if it takes her a year or more to have babies? By that time she or the male could completely reject each other. There's no guarantee that your chin and your friend's chin are going to breed immediately or even GOING to breed. You don't even know if she's going to get along with the other male.

This is an entirely possible scenario as I've had it happen before. What if when you put your female with this new male they fight. Since they fought you just decide to put her back with her old cagemate but she's so stressed from something she's never experienced before that she starts attacking him. Do you have a THIRD cage for her to be put in and would you be willing to accept that she wouldn't be able to go back with her original cagemate?

Quite honestly, you need to educate yourself before jumping into breeding like you're so set on doing right now. You don't know a lot of things that are basic knowledge amongst those of us that breed. Take a BIG step back and do research and ask questions. Attend a show and figure out what TRUE breeding quality is.

I have many spare cages and I have researched for so many hours I have an exotic vet that breeeds chinchillas on hand if needed. And I hav talked out the process with a breeder

Really? Who is this vet? And what breeder was OK with this process? Obviously, not a very good one...

My vet ls name is Chris Callahan. He has three chinchillas and is a breeder. He has right now 2 female chins cuddles and baseball and one male football. The breeder I question is a friend if mine who I got on of my chns from

Anyone who slaps a male and female chin together can be considered a breeder. The fact that this "wonderful" vet even breeds chinchillas should be a big red flag. The point we're making to you is to find a REPUTABLE breeder...someone who actually knows what they are doing.

It's like talking to a brick wall...do what you want, but know that none of us condone this kind of stupidity and we don't appreciate you taking and warping the advice we give you. You don't even know that male and female chinchillas are NOT called bucks and does...those are RABBIT terms.

My vet ls name is Chris Callahan. He has three chinchillas and is a breeder. He has right now 2 female chins cuddles and baseball and one male football. The breeder I question is a friend if mine who I got on of my chns from

I agree that you are going to go ahead and breed despite what anybody says. Some people just get it in their heads that that's what they are going to do, and that's that. If we told you your female's uterus was going to fall out and explode tomorrow, killing her and the kit inside, you would still do it because you're just not going to believe that someone else might have better information than what you have found here and what I tried to explain to you on Yahoo. Then when it happened you would expect sympathy or act confused -- "I don't understand. My vet and backyard breeder friend said it would be okay?"

While putting three chins together and making them have babies does make someone a "breader" (deliberate misspelling) it doesn't make them a good one, a reputable one, or a responsible one. It also doesn't make them an informed one. A vet understands the mechanics, but that doesn't mean that he knows what he's doing by putting Bubbles, Chub-Chub, and Dufus together. It just means he knows there is a vagina and a penis and putting them together often times creaties little tiny duplicates of the parents. As you have already been told that does not mean that they are of a quality to breed and it does not mean that your female is healthy to breed. You had them judged, basically, at a dog show. Best of show is a dog and cat show term, not a chinchilla show term. Therefore, it would stand to reason that whoever judged them as being anything knew nothing. Yet you are willing to take the information given to you by these two people over people who are trying to give you the correct information. Evidently, everyone on here is just wasting their breath.

my male is neutered cookie hes a homoebony chin. My friend that's a breeder wants to breed my chin and hers together. We are going to introduce first and I am not putting the 2 males together because I know they would fight

Are you sure this hasn't already happened, because in another post you made you said,

I have a quick question, sorry to ask on someone elses question, but I have a castrated male and pregnant female in the same cage, should I still seperate the male when momma is giving birth?

Just because it has a uterus does not mean it needs to be bred, I wish people could understand that

Latest posts

Back