Chinapalooza

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whimmus

Things are furry. All five chins are fat and most are getting fatter. Fungus survived his ordeal of being savagely attacked by Lil'Boo, who's since been renamed to Morgoloth the Ravager, Destroyer of Worlds. It sounds great online, but can be awkward at the vet.

Fungus was getting hospital-cage fever and I've moved him in with Cosmo. Both seem happy, sleeping together and spending hours power-grooming each other, which never happened with the prior pairing. Snowball and Flubber are in separate cages now (they were sharing a 2-in-1 cage) and I'm preparing to find homes for them, which'll suck after rescuing and raising them for 6 months.

So here's the photos. I haven't done much shooting at all lately, so I'm rusty.

---

Here's the monster in person. The cute face belies the demon inside!

feb17_lilboo_1.jpg

Mmmhmm... not fooling anyone. He's looking at my jugular vein in this shot...

feb17_lilboo_2.jpg

He's deciding who to destroy next.

feb17_lilboo_3.jpg

He can hear Fungus upstairs...

feb17_lilboo_4.jpg

... but will settle for some Cozbutt.

feb17_lilboo_5.jpg

Snowball is now the biggest chin. She's got as much attitude as mass. I'll miss this one when she finds a home.

feb17_snowball_1.jpg

This tube sure looks like fun...

feb17_snowball_2.jpg

... except when it rolls away while I'm in it!

feb17_snowball_3.jpg

She pounced right onto my head and camera after this shot.

feb17_snowball_4.jpg

Back in her cage after the run. She's pretending not to think about trying to escape...

feb17_snowball_5.jpg

Next up is poor Fungus. He's the most timid, gentle and easiest to spook of my chins. And this was BEFORE Lil'Boo gave him $200 in wounds. The last two months have been ups and downs with lots of meds and a rollercoaster of weight gain and loss. Now he's back to normal and happy with Coz. This first shot was taken right after the trip back from the vet.

feb17_fungus_1.jpg

Now here he is today with a similar profile. His hair is growing back nicely.

feb17_fungus_2.jpg

Have some more Fungus. He's always been the most popular for some reason.

feb17_fungus_3.jpg

He's the most compact of all my chins with a very round shape.

feb17_fungus_4.jpg

Flubber is a special case. I got him @ 250 grams when he should have been 400+ and he had severe diarrhea. He had tests and has been through half a dozen drugs. The latest was Flagyl and his poops are mostly fixed. In the last month, he's really started to pack on the grams, which coincided with solid and more healthy poops. I have a lot invested in him and may find an excuse to keep him yet.

This first shot is semi-artsy cuz the full color version has terrible color cast from my horrible burgundy wall.

feb17_flubber_1.jpg

His!

feb17_flubber_2.jpg

NOM NOM...

feb17_flubber_3.jpg

Here's a shot from his first days. Feeding pumpkin & CC mixed to fight the scary weight.

feb17_flubber_4.jpg

Last is Cosmo, my first chin from a take-it-free Craigslist post and best furry buddy.

feb17_cosmo_1.jpg

I wonder if Coz is smart enough to realize that tubes are round and will roll if you climb inside...

feb17_cosmo_2.jpg

... nope.

feb17_cosmo_3.jpg

Whazzup?

feb17_cosmo_4.jpg

A rare encounter these days. Now mortal enemies, it's typically a noisy meeting.

feb17_cosmo_6.jpg

Oh, dear -- when did Lil' Boo attack Uncle Fungus??? How badly was he injured???

I love the Little Monster settling for some Cosbutt!!! That's priceless -- look at the look on Cosmo's face --- WTF??? "Leave my LPCBs alone"!!!

Morgoloth's full name at the vet may be a mouthful, but I bet it doesn't get the same laughs as "Little Two Paws Shakur" does!!! Dr. Fitzgerald just cracks up about that one!!!

ETA: Now that I'm seeing the photos of Uncle Fungus, I DO remember that attack. Hope he's feeling better now.

Oh, and the one of Snowball's wide end hanging out of the tube is TOO funny!!!

GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK!!!

Last edited:
As always your pictures are amazing and the chins are always gorgeous!
Fungus looks really good now! He doesn't even look like he ever had any injuries!

Fungus looks SO much better now! I was wondering the other day how he was doing, but I couldn't remember who had him. So glad he's recovering well and hes got his brains back :p Give him an extra treat for me.

Yah, Lil'Boo is certainly a beast. He's the 2nd oldest and the smallest at only 450. Maybe it's all the testosterone. If I'm handling another chin near his cage, he'll throw a fit, chirping and kecking and even reaching out through the bars. He's super gentle in human hands, tho. Go figure.

LOL!!! OK I totally choked on my pretzels from laughing so hard with the Snowball-in-the-tubes pics, PRICELESS!!! Great pics, as always. :)

I'm so happy to see pics of your crew! Uncle Fungus looks great! And Snowball--wow from the jaws of death to this! She looks great! All the chins look good even Morgoloth the Ravager!

Fungus is looking amazing! I'm glad to see he grew his brains back in. :)

Yes, brains are VERY important LOL. He looks great....so much better than when he lost his brains.

I love the tube pics!

I was wondering if/when you were going to find us again. The crew looks great as usual. Uncle Fungus looks like he never was hurt. I love the pictures of snowball, if i lived closer i would to take her.

Oh man I can't tell you how glad I am you made it over to the new place, your pictures are so great and just make me smile every time. Love the pics!

Back